Postpartum Depression

can PPD develop later.. ?

I'm not sure if its just developing or I'm finally opening my eyes to whats going on. My mom has mentioned a few times that I can get pretty biitchy and snappy with her, and I'm just now hearing how I talk to people. I'm always agitated, if not just flat out angry. I have NO sex drive, and making my husband upset because of it, even though I obviously don't mean to. Today I got overwhelmed with work so quickly, and just cried for 20 minutes. That workload would never get to me like that before. Does it sound like PPD.. or am I just going through a weird phase?
Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
            07.30.10          08.17.12           

Re: can PPD develop later.. ?

• Symptoms can start anytime within a year of giving birth, it's not always right away.  I had PPD after my first and didn't have depression issues so much as OCD tendancies, anxiety, anger issues, and I had intrusive thoughts.  Here's a great website that has info on PPD:

https://www.postpartum.net/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes!  This is a common misconception about PPD.  It doesn't just happen right after you have the baby.  It can happen up to a year afterward.  I was diagnosed with PPD when DS was 8 months old.  I would definitely talk to someone about it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetink7227:

Symptoms can start anytime within a year of giving birth, it's not always right away.  I had PPD after my first and didn't have depression issues so much as OCD tendancies, anxiety, anger issues, and I had intrusive thoughts.  Here's a great website that has info on PPD:

https://www.postpartum.net/

exactly this. Go see your Dr and get the help you need. Feel better soon!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"