1st Trimester
Options

6 wks: Light spotting and dull ache on right side

Hello Ladies, I am six weeks along and have just begun spotting lightly (and freaking out) and then today I have a dull ache on my right side of my lower abdomen (and freaking out). Anyone else experienced this? Could I have an ectopic pregnancy? Help!

Re: 6 wks: Light spotting and dull ache on right side

• Options
    I had light pink/brown spotting at weeks 6-7.  I went in for an u/s after the spotting had been going on for 2-3 days and everything was fine...baby was measuring right on schedule with a nice, healthy heartbeat!  The dr couldn't find a reason for my spotting but said it's VERY common in early pregnancy.  If it's brown then that usually means nothing bad, and it's old blood from implantation or your previous AF, your body is just getting rid of it.  I was told to take it easy, no heavy lifting, no sex, and to drink plenty of water.  My spotting went away after about 6 days and I haven't had any since. 

Only a dr and an u/s can tell you exactly what's wrong and if you have an ectopic.  Call your dr and express your concerns.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had spotting with my DD when I was pregnant 3 years ago and everything was fine. My friend told me as long as I wasn't having bad cramps and wasn't bleeding enough to fill up a pad, I would be fine.  With this pg I haven't had any spotting at all which was something I was using as a sign for pg since I did the first time but no spotting this time. I have a dull ache in my lower right side too, this seems to be pretty popular around here! They are growing pains from everything expanding.  Of course if you are worried than the best thing for you to do would be call your dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and had been spotting consistently for 2 weeks. I went to the chiropractor had an adjustment and informed him about the spotting. He told me that I was in a swayback position and he realigned my pelvis with just a little motion. I haven't spotted since. 
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and had been spotting consistently for 2 weeks. I went to the chiropractor had an adjustment and informed him about the spotting. He told me that I was in a swayback position and he realigned my pelvis with just a little motion. I haven't spotted since. The dull pain is just your body adjusting to your crazy active uterus. Only be nervous if it's a sharp pain. You sound normal to me though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"