Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Has anyone had a UU "child dedication" ceremony?

We're having a Unitarian Universalist child dedication ceremony for our DD in December instead of a chistening.  Anyone have any recommendations on readings for the ceremony or links to resources where I can find readings?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone had a UU "child dedication" ceremony?

• Options

This poem got me through the scary pregnancy I had. I recited it like a mantra. It seems like you could use it for a baby's dedication:

"Your life is a sacred journey. And it is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path... exactly where you are meant to be right now... And from here, you can only go forward, shaping your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing of courage, of beauty, of wisdom, of power, of dignity, and of love." 
    Caroline Adams

Google "Walking Your Spiritual Path" and/or The Labyrinth. It's a neat concept and our UU built a labyrinth on the grounds. :) Congrats, BTW

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"