Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Lutheran Baptism question

What is a good donation amount to the church for doing the Baptism?

Also, should we give a seperate 'tip' to the Pastor?  If so, how much?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Lutheran Baptism question

• Options
    We didn't do a donation to the church, but we gave the pastor $30 in a thank you card after the service.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good question, wonder myself want to have DD babtised. Or dedicated. Guess I am lucky to get to see your answers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I must be a bad member.  I don't think we gave an extra donation.  My pastor harrassed us from the day we brought the baby home to get him baptized.  We did have a lot of guests there that donated so I guess the church did get something extra.  My church does them during the service so I guess I look at it as the pastor is already there.  I think it is different than say a wedding where the pastor goes out of his way to be there for you.  Interesting point though, I will have to keep that in mind for the second one. 
  • Options

imageKRIS05:
    I think I must be a bad member.  I don't think we gave an extra donation.  My pastor harrassed us from the day we brought the baby home to get him baptized.  We did have a lot of guests there that donated so I guess the church did get something extra.  My church does them during the service so I guess I look at it as the pastor is already there.  I think it is different than say a wedding where the pastor goes out of his way to be there for you.  Interesting point though, I will have to keep that in mind for the second one. 

THis for us too. I also hav 5 lutheran pastor uncles, and I don't think any of them have even gotten or wanted anything for doing a baptism.

• Options
    We didn't give our pastor anything (now I'm feeling a little bad about never thinking of it) but we did give extra in our offering the day of the baptism.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"