School-Aged Children
Options

If you drive your child to school...

What do you wear?! I work, but I have time after drop off to shower/get dressed. Sometimes I will wear what I slept in if it is more workout pants than pajama pants, and a t-shirt. I haven't worn full blown pajamas but I have seen my neighbor do this, with a robe also. 

Yesterday and today I threw on the same pair of jeans and a sweater. I don't know why I'm so curious but I want to know what other people do. Is it lazy not to get dressed or just more practical? 

Re: If you drive your child to school...

• Options
    Usually he takes the bus but sometimes I drive him.  When I do, I don't even brush my teeth.  Just grab my keys and go.  I'm not getting out of the car or even going to talk to anybody.  No point in getting dressed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At my children's school it's common practice to get out of the car and walk the children up to the school.  The parents usually stick around until the bell rings and socialize for a bit, so I make sure I look put together everyday.  Mostly I will have a pair of jeans and a long or short sleeve top, tennis shoes or boots(taking into consideration the temperature).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Usually jeans/shirt/flats. I hate not being showered in the AM before I take him to school but it happens. I'll still wear normal clothes though. 

I get out and take him in though so I would look insane wearing a robe.  

• Options
    I drop them off before I leave for work so I'm in work clothing.
  • Options
    I'm usually in work clothes when I drop DS off at school but on my days off, I just wear some yoga pants and a t-shirt.  Nothing fancy that's for sure!
  • Options
    #6#6 member

On the rare occasion I drive him to school I ask him before we leave if he wants me to walk him in or if he want to go through the drop off line.  If he chooses to be walked in I throw on a pair of jeans and a shirt of some sort.  Nothing fancy.  I pull my hair back in a pony tail and walk out the door.  If he chooses to go through the drop off line I wear pj pants a tshirt and a sweatshirt/jacket.  Whats the point if Im staying in my car?  

• Options
    Some mornings I actually get clothes on but most mornings it pj pants, a tank, s sweatshirt, and crocs or flip flops! I pray that we don't get in an accident because I would boy want to have to stand on the side of the road with all the other parents driving by while I'm in my pjs! LOL
  • Options
    My two eldest boys are in Kindergarten and 1st Grade at Collegiate. There's never any parking outside the school, so I usually walk them to school. I work at home, so ironically taking the kids to school is the most dressy part of my day, impressing the ever snobby private school set. (I went to a private school myself actually, so I really shouldn't say that). Now that I'm getting ever so obviously pregnant and I hate walking more and more, my husband drops them off in his car which, being the paranoid mother I am, makes me worry about them walking in by themselves, even though it's only about ten feet :)
  • Options

I have to drive DS to school since there is no bus system for the private school. What I wear depends on the morning. Like this morning, I'll just wear my gym clothes since I'll be going after drop off. Other mornings, I just throw on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, brush my hair and we're off. I don't have to get out of the car because the drop off line is right in front of the school. The afternoons are a different story. I always wear normal clothes and am put together.

• Options
    My workout cloths- because I go to the gym right after!
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"