Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sudden change in sleep at 5 months?

K has NEVER been on a consistent schedule. Around 3 and a half months he finally stopped 2-3 wake ups and started sleeping 9-10pm to 5am, had a bottle and went back down until 630-730. This lasted until about two weeks ago. Now, we're back to waking every 3-4 hours at night. Its a little frustrating bc I know he can sleep longer without a bottle.

So, what gives?? Are any of your 5.5 months old waking pretty often still? I'm not a fan of CIO and he certainly doesn't calm down with a paci when he does wake up. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sudden change in sleep at 5 months?

• Options
    He may be going thhrough his 4 month wakeful a little late. I heard some babies do that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've thought that too. He never went through one at 4 months...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That may be it. Or he may be teething?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There is also a growth spurt right around 6mths as well. It truly may just be that he IS waking up hungry again.
  • Options

imagewihakayda:
    There is also a growth spurt right around 6mths as well. It truly may just be that he IS waking up hungry again.

Then by all means I'm okay with it. He goes right back to sleep so I'm not complaining. Maybe I'm just a little jealous of those baby that sleep 12 hours Stick out tongue

• Options
    Have you read about wonder weeks?  They're basically mental growth spurts that babies seem to go through at about the same time.  The 4 month wakeful is attributed to the 19 week wakeful and there is another one at 26 weeks.  DD slept fine through the 4 month, but from week 24 to almost 27 she started waking at night, which she hadn't done in 2 months.  She's now back to STTN with no teeth and she didn't have any ear infection or anything.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"