Postpartum Depression
Options

New to Post

So I posted that I think I have postpartum depression on my birth club board and someone told me about this board.  I was dealing with depression while I was pregnant and I thought that is would just go away once my daughter was born but it has not and it has gotten worse.  I am not bonding with my daughter and I wish she would go away at times.  I have a hard time functioning as I just want to run away and not deal with anything.  I keep to myself as I do not want to deal with any on including my daughter.  I am not eating or sleeping.  It does not help that all my daughter does is scream all night long so I am very sleep deprived as I can not fall a sleep during the day when she is sleeping either.  I am regretting making the decision to be a mom and I feel so guilty about that as I should be happy.  I really want to love and enjoy my daughter but I do not.  I promised my family that I would call me OB Monday as I think I need help.  This feels more then just the baby blues as I was depressed throughout my pregnancy and I should have gotten help then but did not.  I just want to feel normal and love my daughter and being a mom:(

I am glad that there is this board as I was feeling I was the only one feeling this way and I am going to need support from people who know what I am going through.  Others just tell me it is going to get better and that I should be happy.  It is not like I want to feel this way:(

Re: New to Post

• Options

I had this same feeling :( It's no fun. I would call your OB asap. I wish I would have right away, but I waited 8 long months. I just had my appointment last month and was prescribed zoloft. The appointment went well. Anyone in your family that can help you so you can sleep? That was my life savor.

It will get better, especially once you get some help/guidance. A lot of moms go through this so you are not alone. It is a very tough thing to go through. ((HUGS))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad you're getting help! Please stick with it and always know that there's always someone out there who has gone through the same exact things you are, even though you feel like the only one in the world. 
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"