Potty Training
Options

3DPT....gonna try this starting tomorrow morning!

Since I found this method on this forum....I'm thinking we might as well give it a shot! Sounds like many of you have had success so here it goes! :o

We're gonna keep our DS home from daycare on Monday, but he's gonna have to return on Tuesday.  He only goes from 8:30a-1:30p.  But once you have done this for the three days, what should you be briefing your daycare provider on in terms of continuing out this method and ensuring DS success, or continuation of trying to be successful with this? Starting tuesday and the following days at daycare.... Should she have to be asking himto go potty every 20 mins? Should I send him there in undies or should he be wearing diapers? Not sure what i'm doing here or what best way to go about this is....any advice? I think i'm gonna make a chart tonight...get undies...maybe some pullups just in case, i dont know..or skip the pullups all together? I'll figure out a reward...in his attempts to just casually go potty when we've asked him... a couple of m&ms did the trick plus a BIG ta-do potty dance afterwards....so probably wont take much, plus a sticker chart.  need some advice :o)

Re: 3DPT....gonna try this starting tomorrow morning!

• Options

Funny you should ask this.....I am going through hell right now .

I am a dc provider. I have a dc child that did this 6 weeks ago. He is still not trained and the parents refuse to use pullups. In my handbook it says they must be potty trained before we can go in underwear.

He is not poop trained.

Cannot pull down his pants .

Cannot hold down his penis so he doesn't shoot the wall.

I am so frustrated. I am anxious to hear the other responses. I told them yesterday he needs to be in pullups for 2 weeks straight with no accidents before he can be in underwear. I am sick of cleaning up poopy underwear and urine on my carpet. He did not show up today so I know they are furious with me.

On the other hand, My daughter is on day 12 of training using this method only with diapers at naptime and bedtime. She is 100% pee trained (so far) and is not poop trained. If I had her in dc she would be in a pullup. I wouldn't want my dc provider to have to clean up messy pants.

Okay, my vent is over. LOL!

Good Luck to you! I would ask your dc what they prefer to have you do. It also depends on how good they are at the 3dpt.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

So we did this two weeks ago and have had enormous success!!! (dd is 23 months)

We stayed home Friday-Monday, except for an outing on Monday, when I put her in pull-ups and she used them as a diaper... I was so worried that it had totally back-fired on me.  But she did awesome while at home.

So Tuesday, she attends MDO 8:30-3:30.  I sent her in panties with 5 changes of clothes, lol.  Her teacher was very supportive. She had one accident that morning as she tried to get to the potty. She hasn't had an accident since.  It's been 2 full "school weeks" and she goes T & Th. 

I used M&Ms and also sent some to MDO.  No pull-ups except at night.  But dd was ready!!! 

When I took her to MDO that first morning, I showed her where the potty was and I had her sit on it.  She didn't do anything, but she knew where it was and we talked about it. After that, it was on her. She had to tell her teacher when she needed to go.

I would just see how this weekend goes... hopefully he'll do great and you can for-go diapers, bc I just don't think it works when you switch back and forth.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"