Texas Babies
Options

KC Bumpie needs Riverwalk ideas

DH and I are taking a just the two of us vacation to SA the first weekend in December. We are staying on the Riverwalk (Hyatt Regency) and are not renting a car.

We need nice restaurant recommendations, if possible. We are only in SA for two nights so we would like a more romantic (but not upscale) dinner for one night and a fun/nightlife dinner and after dinner one night.

Also, any other great places we should check out for lunch, breakfast or fun thing to do while we are there? We are going to see the Alamo and plan to take a nighttime boat ride on the river.

Thanks!

Re: KC Bumpie needs Riverwalk ideas

• Options

duplicate below

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nighttime boat ride will be awesome since the Riverwalk will be all lit up for Christmas! Like most locals, I don't go downtown that often, but I will try to offer some suggestions. For a fun dinner, Dicks Last Resort is always a hoot for good food, good drinks, throwing things, and yelling at strangers. For a romantic dinner, its not on the Riverwalk but is downtown, is the restaurant at the Tower of the Americas (you can't beat the view!). Try searching Opentable.com or https://sanantonio.citysearch.com/ for ideas. For after dinner fun, I like Howl at the Moon, Mad Dogs, Durty Nelly's, Swig, or just plain walking up and down the river and bar hopping. Good luck, I hope you have fun! There is something for everyone downtown!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have to disagree with the PP's suggestions. yes, you can't beat the view at the Tower/Chart House, but you CAN beat the food. I am not sure what you're threshhold for "upscale" is, but here's a few suggestions --

Biga on the Banks - romantic. Riverwalk views. Will be beautiful at Christmas time with the lights in all the trees. Roughly $100-$150 for two people depending on what you order, what you drink, etc. Totally worth it. bigaonthebanks.com

Paesano's - Italian. Delicious. Must get the Shrimp Paesano. On the riverwarlk, kinda noisy, but a nice ambiance. Maybe $50-$75 for dinner for two.

Boudro's - Southwestern-ish food. About the same atmoshphere as Paesano's. About the same price point.

For your fun dinner, I HIGHLY recommend Acenar. It's at the Hotel Valencia and right on the river. It's a Mexican restaurant and very yummy. Or you could just wander the river and choose from one of the dozen or so restaurants around - you're sure to find something you like. Afterwards you could go to Howl at the Moon which is a piano bar. I would start the evening at Zinc Wine Bar which is on Presa south of Market. But from there it's a fairly decent walk to Acenar, though you could take a cab if you wanted. But there are lots of options nearby. Zuni Grille is also really good, and there's a restaurant in the Grand Hyatt that I can't think of the name of but it's really good too. It begins with an A I think.

Anyway - hope that helps! The holidays are a really fun time to visit SA!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"