Boston Babies
Options

Experience with Beth Israel

Hi Everyone,

I would love to hear your experiences with delivering at Beth Israel.  Thanks so much!  

Re: Experience with Beth Israel

• Options
    I only 9 weeks with my first, but I'm going to give birth there.  My primary care doctor (who is at MGH) just had a baby last year and she said the best hospitals in the city to give birth in are B&W and Beth Israel (great facilities, doctors and neonatal units).  
  • Options

I had a great experience at BI.  I wasn't planning to give birth there, but when my water broke at 30 weeks, I was transferred there.  Although there was some initial confusion when I first got there about where we were supposed to go, everything else went smoothly.  They hooked me up to some monitors, and then pretty much left the room and gave my husband and I some private time.  They watched my contractions on the screens wherever they were, and when they could tell that I was getting close to delivering the baby, everyone came quickly.

The nurses and doctors who took care of me were very nice, explained what they were doing, treated my husband nicely, and were very understanding of the fact that I was freaking out.

The maternity ward where I recovered was also great.  They are very secure, so not just anybody can wander through.  The nurses are wonderful.

Lastly, hopefully your baby won't have to stay in the NICU for any reason, but if it is necessary, BI's NICU is a great one.  Every single nurse I dealt with was kind, knowledgeable, and friendly.  Having a baby in the NICU is a hard thing, and the staff at BI makes it as easy as possible.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  This is all VERY helpful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"