Pregnant after 35
Options

First time Mom at 35

2»

Re: First time Mom at 35

• Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress. 
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the best decision for
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the best decision
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the best
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the best decision for us.
  • Options

I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt want to add stress.  In the end it was the best decision for us.

DH

• Options

DH

and
  • Options

DH and

• Options

DH and

I
  • Options

DH and I

• Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I
  • Options
    I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and I didnt
  • Options

Wow. That was weird how many posts showed up.

I'm 37 and opted out of the amnio and others. The risk to the baby didn't seem worth it to me. Plus, it would have made no difference on whether we kept him or not. I also did not want to be worried the whole time about a false positive. There are enough worries as a first-time mom.

• Options

False positives don't scare me half as much as the amnio's miscarriage risk.

We're still deciding. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm 42 and also refused all invasive testing.  So far, no red flags on U/S, passed the 1 hr. GTT.  Everything is going great. For me, there was no point in the testing.  I didn't want to worry about results throughout my pregnancy and I was going to keep my baby regardless of the results.

• Options
    Hi. I was 36 when I had the testing. I had the ultrasound and genteic counseling. I didnt need to go further.  I would of took what ever GOD gave us.
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

I'm 35 and this is my first pregnancy. I opted out of all the testing and doing just an u/s...

(Can anyone delete the multipost mishaps?)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"