Nevada Babies

Day Care Recommendations in Henderson

Hello lovely ladies.

My husband and I are looking around for a Day Care around Henderson.  Do you ladies know of one or know of one that we should avoid. 

We are looking at:

Kids R Kids on Serene: https://www.kidsrkidslv.com/index.php

KinderCare on Warm Springs: https://www.kindercare.com/

MGM as my husband works there.  The good thing about the place is the price and convenience.  My hubby's office building is literally a 2-min walk.  But when I picked him up one time, i was watching the toddlers play in the playground (the kids were soooooooooooooooo cute) there was only 1 teacher for about 20 or so kids and he was on the phone.  I was not happy about that.  :(  So we decided to look around.  We are going to tour this place on Friday when I pick him up, so hopefully they impress me.  The teacher to child ratio is 1:4, which is the norm...so that kind of eases my worries a bit.  i want to learn about their curriculum too. 

So far, Kids R Kids is looking good... but we still have to tour all those places.

Thanks ladies!!! have a wonderful Tuesday! :D HUGS!

Re: Day Care Recommendations in Henderson

• Hi! Welcome to the board.

My daughter has been at a Kids R Kids for three years now, the one in Green Valley though, not Serene. We've been very happy with them. I practically lived on the internet video camera my first few months back at work. It was one of the few daycares we looked at where the teachers were on the ground playing with the kids, not just putting bottles in their mouths and sitting them in a swing. They also have extracurriclulars like dance and karate for the older toddlers and preschoolers. A friend of mine takes her son to the Serene KRK and says it's about the same.

Our neighbors sent their daughter to the MGM daycare when she was younger. They said it was okay, but very unstructured and pretty much free play all day long. They moved her when she was 2.

I didn't like the Childrens Choice daycares much when we looked at them. The one at Sunset Station was okay but nothing special. I would never send a child to the one at Boulder Station. No one there could answer any of our questions (not even what ratio was) and the infant room teachers were just sitting in rocking chairs talking instead of taking care of the crying babies (and that was when they knew we were watching)!

• My LO goes to childtime on eastern and windmill. i really love it there! they are very nice, and strict on their "no sick children" policy. they make sure if there is a sick child that they have a doc note before they can come back.

They also have good security measures too.

My LO started at la petite acadamhy. i love love loved the infant room there and the teacher ms. madu! and my daughter loved her too!! We left because she just kept getting sick and had to go to the hospital. so far so good at childtime though. oh and the la petite was wigwam and pecos. 

I took a tour at childrens learning adventure i believe is what it was called. it is new. and amazing!!! i like it for preschool and up. the infanta nd toddler rooms were really small. but that is on horizon ridge and eastern i believe. i can't wait till my LO is older i will deffinatly take her there!

• Loading the player...
  • i am now a nanny but used to work at a Henderson child care facility. I would recommend the new Childrens Learning Adventure and La Petite or Childtime as well. Really look at the age of the "teachers/care providers" because that shall give you a general understanding of the knowledge and experience the staff should have. Yes they can be young and have worked with babies for 2 years, but doesnt mean it was quality. That has been my experience. Hope that helps. Good Luck and take care

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"