Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

BJ City Mini Stroller, Travel System, or both?

Hi all. I've seen some postings about this stroller, but wanted to get some more opinions..I'm thinking of getting it and have seen great reviews, but am wondering: Does it replace a Travel System? I see that you can order accessories such as a snack tray and bar, but should I still get a travel system? Is the bulky stroller necessary, or not so much? I was thinking of getting the Chicco Cortina Discovery System, but would still get the carseat regardless..Is it easy to use the infant seat with the jogger? I'm a first timer, so not sure if I should get both, or if it is unnecessary...Would I need another stroller besides this one?

Here are the links:

BJ CIti Mini  https://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_sngl_dtl.aspx

Chicco Travel System https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3156651

Thanks!

Ali :-) 

Thanks!

Ali 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BJ City Mini Stroller, Travel System, or both?

• Options

I love the BJ City Mini as a travel system, personally (though, granted, our baby isn't here yet...).  I've had it put together for months and play around by pushing it around the house. It turns on a dime and is easily maneuverable one-handed.  It also folds so freaking easily and is incredibly compact. I can't speak to the Chicco travel system you linked, but I'm very happy with our choice.

Here are pics of the stroller and the Chicco Keyfit 30 (using the Chicco car seat adapter for BJ):

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Exactly as PP said. Yes, you can just go with the City and then get the adapter. DH and went into BRU and tested it out this weekend. We too are doing the Chicco and the City with an adapter. Bye, bye bulky travel system. . . I love that City!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the City Mini with the car seat adapter.  I think it is all I will need.  Just be warned - although the company name is Baby Jogger, it is not a jogging stroller.  If you really want to run with it, you should look for something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

There is absolutely NO reason to get a separate TS, particularly if you get the carseat adaptor.

After spending about 5 minutes in the stroller aisle trying to fold/unfold one of those Graco or Chicco monstrosities, we found the BJCM....and never took a second look at travel systems. I have very, very few complaints about this stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLolliLately:
    I have the City Mini with the car seat adapter.  I think it is all I will need.  Just be warned - although the company name is Baby Jogger, it is not a jogging stroller.  If you really want to run with it, you should look for something else.

Yup, you need the City Elite or City Select if you want to run.  But the systems are really similar so if you like the City Mini they are still great options and will still replace the travel system.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

We decided on the BJ City Mini for a stroller but not getting the carseat adaptor. We're getting a snap n go to use with the infant seat in the early days and will transition LO to the BJCM after a few months.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been using the City Min with a Graco sungride since he got home (3 plus months now).  I just love how high he sits in comparison to most large travel systems.  I am totally loving this stroller.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageladyjuliet:

Here are pics of the stroller and the Chicco Keyfit 30 (using the Chicco car seat adapter for BJ):

This is exactly what we plan on getting. Do you have to remove the adapter piece in order to collapse the stroller?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageBDK807:
    imageladyjuliet:

This is exactly what we plan on getting. Do you have to remove the adapter piece in order to collapse the stroller?

No, I've actually been able to collapse the system with the adapter in place. It doesn't go *quite* as flat, but it still works out.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good to know. This was the one thing I was worried about. Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We've got the city mini and the Snuggler. We bypassed the adapter because using it with a carseat negates the whole"compact" aspect of the Mini. The Mini reclines and with the Snuggler it's plenty secure enough to use with a newborn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"