New York Babies
Options

Good Samaritan Hospital Suffern NY

MarianaF1MarianaF1 member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies

Hello All,

I live in Orange county but work in North Bergen NJ 

I'm attending  OBGYN Tallman Group and so far I have been to one visit and was happy with Doctor Keller, however they are affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital NY and Nyack Hospital NY. Anyone have knowledge of these hospitals maternity care quality, nurses etc.

Re: Good Samaritan Hospital Suffern NY

• Options
    I gave birth at Nyack Hospital. The nurses in labor and delivery weren't very supportive or helpful (maybe because I was in labor between 1-4 am), but once we moved into the mother/baby recovery unit things definitely changed. They were a lot more patient, nurturing, and offered tons of useful advice. They also sent me home with a ton of free stuff (like diapers, nursing pads, maxi pads, etc.). I have heard that Good Sam has a high c-section rate, but I can't speak from experience since I just heard that through the grapevine. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Nyack though. 
  • Options

I live in Orange County.  I was torn b/t delivering at Good Sam or in the city at Cornell.  I am a nurse and I work at Cornell per diem.  My full time job is on a helicopter.  I was having bad dreams about trying to get to the city and delivering on the GWB.  I have heard nothing but good things about Good Sam. My previous boss who also worked at Cornell and delivered at both and highly recommended Good Sam.  Hope this helps.  Unfortunately, I have not heard anything about Nyack.  I am sure it is a wonderful place.  I hope this helps!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, I just saw this post- I live in OC too, and delivered both my kids at Good Sam. The nurses were great- they talked me through everything, answered all of my questions, and were wonderful labor coaches. DD1 was in NICU for nearly 24hrs, and those nurses were awesome too.

It was my understanding that their c-section rate is LOWER than average, but you can probably find that info somewhere (Google, DOH, or calling the hospital to ask how that info is reported). I did not have a c-section w/either baby, FWIW, but I used Ramapo OB/GYN (whom I adore).

Their lactation consultants are really helpful, though not all "warm and fuzzy", and their information is good. I actually have an appointment with one of them today (pump rental)...

One of our pedis delivered at Nyack, and she had no complaints, but I don't know any more than that. GL!

• Options

I live in OC and work in westchester. I'll be delivering at Good Sam (right in the middle!). My sister was born there and my family has had very good experiences with them. I went on the maternity tour (first sunday of every month) and the facilities are wonderful. Beautiful L&D rooms, attentive and experienced staff. I also like that the route from the thruway is very well labeled with hospital signs (i have the darnedest time finding the  hospitals up in OC).

I don't know anything about Nyack though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Check out my blog: http://cwupcake.wordpress.com

"The only difference between tattooed people and not tattooed people is tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed."

• Options

I live in Rockland and delivered my first baby at Nyack Hospital. My experience there was wonderful in labor and delivery and the motherhood ward. I was actually in labor and delivery 2x because my water broke at 30 weeks so I was first in labor and delivery (wonderful nurses the first 2 days I was there), then I was moved to the motherhood ward (its all on the same floor) the same day I was moved I went into labor and delivered the next day.

The nurses in labor and delivery during my actual delivery were nice but I was there such a short time the second time around.

The NICU nurses and doctors were wonderful and sooo helpful. My baby was there for 3 1/2 weeks.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    I delivered at Nyack Hospital and had a wonderful experience! The nurses were great in both labor/delivery and post pardum.  I was induced and had a c-section and was there for 5 days, and it was great.  The only thing I can really complain about were the chairs for the husbands to sleep on.  To this day (a year and 1 week later) my husbands back is still screwed up.  The recliners were very uncomfortable.  But other than that, I definitely cannot complain.  The nurses were there 24-7 checking on me, helped me shower, etc.. I will be there again!
  • Options

https://www.mdnews.com/news/2010_12/05852_dec2010_robert-hecht

Late. Random. But worthwhile to anyone still considering their options.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"