2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else repulsed by candy/sweets?

I've had no morning sickness, but candy and sweets makes me feel sick. I guess I'm lucky, but I kind of wanted some Halloween candy today, and I can't do it. VERY weird!

My friends say this means I'm having a boy, LOL!!! 

Re: Anyone else repulsed by candy/sweets?

• Options
    I couldn't eat anything sweet (even vegetarian baked beans and spaghetti sauce was so sweet it made me gag) for the first 18 weeks or so. Then all of the sudden at maybe 22 weeks I could eat sweet breads.....mmmmm. cinnamon apple struesel coffee cake. (but i use granny smith apples so it's not as sweet.)
  • Options
    Consider yourself lucky, that is all I want to eat is candy and sweets, anything with substance makes me sick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I felt that way until a few weeks ago. Now I can eat some candy/dessert again but I really don't crave any sweet stuff for the most part. I am all about real food. Had a huge sweet tooth before I got pregnant so this is def. a change.

I'm supposedly having a girl, so there goes the OWT! 

p
  • Options
    I'm the same way - I don't really crave sweets, and when I eat them, I feel sick. Definitely not normal for me! I crave things like milk and cheese...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm with ya.  I can eat lemon drops and red hots, but nothing overly sweet.  I can't even eat a cookie.  With DD I ate a box of Oreos almost daily.  With this one, I want sour.  Weird.  I had to close my mouth and walk quickly past the Halloween display at Kroger because the smell made me sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    not the only one. I just cant stand the sweets. I never really was much for them to begin with but now I cant even stand to see them.
  • Options
    yes!  And i have always had a bit of a sweet tooth.  Chocolate is making me sick ...so weird. 
  • Options
    sweets sound gross to me as well, which is weird for me since I craved them constantly with both of my boys!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. For the first tri and the better half of the second so far, I've had no interest in anything sweet - even fruit, though I eat tart apples and cherries. It's gotten better lately, but now even when I eat something sweet, I end up feeling disappointed, because it doesn't taste as good as I feel like it should. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"