Stay at Home Moms
Options

Halloween - I'm getting old and cranky.

I love the first couple hours when I get to see the young neighborhood kids all dressed up and chat with their parents, but after 8:00 it's all packs of teenagers with no costumes and usually no bags, just holding out their hands for candy. It's really irritating.

Re: Halloween - I'm getting old and cranky.

• Options
    This was us at our old house. Now, we live in BFE and in a subdivision and it was only families and little kids this year.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

I completely agree on that older kid thing!  In our area, they don't even wait until later, they throw on a camo coat, dress, or sports jersey and call it a costume.  They then proceed to march up to doors with the little kids.  This year one lady even asked some, "Aren't you a little old to be trick-or-treating?" 

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's why they get one piece of candy and the little ones get more. They need to work harder. I'm cranky about the parents that don't see that their kid says thank you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's annoying.  I think they have some ordinance where we live that you can't trick or treat after 8:00 pm, and I think there might be an age limit, too.  I didn't see any kids that looked older than 12 or 13.
  • Options
    I hear you. When we notice that we're getting mostly teenagers and less younger children, we just turn off the light and close the door for the night. We also give handfuls of candy to the little ones and 1 piece to the teenagers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We turn off the lights and shut the door at 8pm. Maybe I'm a scrooge, but my baby is in bed and the dog barks constantly at the trick-or-treaters, so 8pm is the end of Halloween for us.

Last night I did have a couple of people knock on the door despite the fact that our house was dark. Angry

• Options
    We had our door closed by 8.  We got 2 sets of trick or treaters (umm, helloooo tons of extra candy!) and one was a gigantic group of teens - maybe even early 20s.  Go to Target and buy your own damn candy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"