Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I've always had this nightmare (major vent)

Of having stomach/intestinal flu and having to take care of kids that have it, too.  Colds, fine.  You're miserable but you deal.  But what do you do when you're hung over a toilet and you have to catch a toddler who's puking all over your carpet and furniture? 

Yeah.  Nightmare meet reality.  I'm there.  Both of the boys have the stomach/intestinal flu and so do I.  DH had it last week and we thought it was food poisoning.  Apparently not.  He's doing the best he can, but I still had to step to the plate today--and I'm the sickest I've been in a while. 

This sucks and yeah, I'm venting.  This is the 6th time I've been sick with some illness since the first week of July.  In fact, I'm still taking antibiotics for the ear infection I got diagnosed with at urgent care last weekend--or at least I was until I couldn't keep them down this morning.  I just want to be well again so I can take care of my house, my kids, my life and plan for Eli's party.  I've had it with this sh!t.  

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view

Re: I've always had this nightmare (major vent)

• Options
    Omg, I couldn't imagine. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Joel and I will say prayers tonight for you all.*hugs*
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    That's one of my biggest concerns too!  I hope you feel better soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Feel better Mama! <3<3
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Options

Ugh, that sounds totally miserable.  Hope everyone is feeling better quickly. 

• Options
    Oh good GRACIOUS Mama! Start calling in favors - family, friends, whomever to come help with the laundry and bring by food in case someone feels like eating. Ugh. I hope you feel better FAST!
    ~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Alright, one more vent, and then I'm done. This is heartbreaking. I mean, yeah, I initially felt sorry for myself that I can't just go lay in bed, but now I'm back in non-selfish mommy mode.  Watching your child wretch is awful. Sammy just woke up screaming and yep, sure enough, he was covered in yak again. I just sat here with him rocking him (I had to hand him over to DH myself to go yak once...LOL). We sang songs until he said, "Mama, I go back to bed now."  He had tears rolling down his face. DH is taking the day off tomorrow again and he's shampooing the carpet right now (thank goodness we still have his aunt and uncle's carpet cleaner).

I know God has many worse things to worry about tonight, but if you could remember us in your prayers, we'd appreciate it.  Crying

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • Options
    imageMSUMamaof2:

Alright, one more vent, and then I'm done. This is heartbreaking. I mean, yeah, I initially felt sorry for myself that I can't just go lay in bed, but now I'm back in non-selfish mommy mode.  Watching your child wretch is awful. Sammy just woke up screaming and yep, sure enough, he was covered in yak again. I just sat here with him rocking him (I had to hand him over to DH myself to go yak once...LOL). We sang songs until he said, "Mama, I go back to bed now."  He had tears rolling down his face. DH is taking the day off tomorrow again and he's shampooing the carpet right now (thank goodness we still have his aunt and uncle's carpet cleaner).

I know God has many worse things to worry about tonight, but if you could remember us in your prayers, we'd appreciate it.  Crying

So sorry to hear this! Sending up a prayer for your sick little family right now. Feel better SOON!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ugh.  I was in your shoes last weekend.  I had to call my parents for back-up (DH was mandated to work all weekend).  It was the first time Bug spent the night away from me.  I worried about her like crazy, but there was no way I could care for her & I didn't want her catching what I had.

I ended up w/ an infected lymph node....not the flu.  I'm on antibiotics, too.  If you're not better this morning, maybe you should head back to Urgent Care.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bless your heart!  I really don't want to think about how that would be.  I'm sure that at some point most of us will have to do it before our kids are all grown up I think having it happen at the toddler stage would be the worst.  I'm sorry hun.  I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hope you feel better soon. Do you have any meds to help? Like Pepto or anything?
  • Options
    I feel your pain!  That was us last weekend, except all 3 of us had it.  Both DH and I were sitting there going ... WTF do we do?!?  We have no family  here.  We survived, but it was awful!!  Feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"