TTC After a Loss
Options

My husband has been body snatched . . .

Ok, DH is generally awesome and fabulously understanding. While at his bball game I was on the Bump and not paying attention (ok, I was bored outta my mind!) and on the way home he asked what I was doing and when I told him, he said I needed to get off the site and "relax" and said maybe we shouldn't be trying if I'm still so emotional after our loss. I explained that I would be emotional until we had a take home baby. I feel it's only natural and that the breakdown I had a few weeks ago was b/c I hadn't allowed myself to grieve around my EDD. I mean geez we should have a baby at home right now. And he said "You didn't have a due date." So, I screamed WE did have a due date, check the fvcking medical records and guess what you become parents that day you get a positive HPT, that's day one." He said "Well, I guess day 1 is different for men." I said, "Stupid comments like that is exactly why I'm on TTCAL." Is there a full moon? WTF is going on here? Angry

Re: My husband has been body snatched . . .

• Options

((hugs))

I am sorry your DH is acting that way. I don't think men quite understand what we as women go through with a loss. We are emotionally attached as soon as we see 2 pink lines.. men have to warm up to it. My DH does his best to understand but somethings you just can't explain to them.

He also may be grieving as well and just doesn't want to show it. We have our off days and I am sure our SOs do as well about a pregnancy loss.

I hope it goes back to the way it was and that it was just a off day for him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelookingformommyland:
    Ok, DH is generally awesome and fabulously understanding. While at his bball game I was on the Bump and not paying attention (ok, I was bored outta my mind!) and on the way home he asked what I was doing and when I told him, he said I needed to get off the site and "relax" and said maybe we shouldn't be trying if I'm still so emotional after our loss. I explained that I would be emotional until we had a take home baby. I feel it's only natural and that the breakdown I had a few weeks ago was b/c I hadn't allowed myself to grieve around my EDD. I mean geez we should have a baby at home right now. And he said "You didn't have a due date." So, I screamed WE did have a due date, check the fvcking medical records and guess what you become parents that day you get a positive HPT, that's day one." He said "Well, I guess day 1 is different for men." I said, "Stupid comments like that is exactly why I'm on TTCAL." Is there a full moon? WTF is going on here? Angry

Oh no he di-n't!   (Said with my best Tyra voice and neck movements, complete with a finger snap).  DH said this to me once.  He's now learned it's not a proper response.  I'm sorry he's being an insensitive you know what. ((Hugs))

Men are clueless.  They're genetically created to not attach until after the baby is born.  Heck, some don't even attach then.  I think my DH doesn't realize what he's lost and will only realize it after we have our own take home baby.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKaren1998:

Oh no he di-n't!   (Said with my best Tyra voice and neck movements, complete with a finger snap).  DH said this to me once.  He's now learned it's not a proper response.  I'm sorry he's being an insensitive you know what. ((Hugs))

Men are clueless.  They're genetically created to not attach until after the baby is born.  Heck, some don't even attach then.  I think my DH doesn't realize what he's lost and will only realize it after we have our own take home baby.  

Ok this just made me crack up because I did it - neck roll and finger snap. still laughing . . . .  Thanks!!!!

• Options
    I'm so sorry :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Im sorry. (((HUGS)))

Whenever my one friends husband does or says something stupid she just says jokingly that all men have their retarded monkey moments. I try and remember that when ever mine slips up too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options

I'm sorry your husband said those things to you. My FI gets like that sometimes too...he's better than he used to be and so far, has agreed to try and get the day off for our EDD..who knows if he'll keep that though.

I hope things get better for you!

**All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"