January 2011 Moms
Options

BAD hip pain - help?

I've been struggling with hip pain since about 15 weeks, and I'm not really surprised because I've always had trouble with my right hip.  BUT today it is awful.  I couldn't sleep because of the pain much of last night and all day today I can't get relief.  Any suggestions for relieving hip pain?

Re: BAD hip pain - help?

• Options
    At about 18 weeks my hip started to go numb or tingle when I'd lay funny. Now by the end of the day my right hip kills me. The only thing that has helped me is to not sleep on it and keep a pillow really high up between my legs to keep my hip level. Sorry I don't have more advice. I asked my doctor about it and he said stay of it, heat it, tylenol but thats about it.
  • Options
    Have you tried sleeping with a maternity body  or a pillow between your legs. If I don't sleep with my snoogle pillow I have hip pain so bad I can barely walk the next day. My OB always suggests taking Tylenol and that has never given me any relief.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can sympathize, I've been struggling with my left hip.  Some days are worse than others, but I've found a heating pad and tylenol to be somewhat helpful on my worst days.  I also will stack a pillow behind my back so I can lay sort of on my back, but not flat, and that helps take some of the pressure off so I can sleep.  I started going to a chiropractor a couple weeks ago, and it seems to have helped a little so far.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    sleep with a pillow between your knees, i was told by massage therapist and chiro to ice lower back for 15 mins a night, it helps a ton, heat can make it worse. and stretching can help as well, if you can afford it go get a massage!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having issues with my hips lately too. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs has helped a lot.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My hips just started hurting last night (great, the only way to sleep is now a fail!) and I read not to cross your ankles/feet when sleeping. Make your legs parallel all the way down.Also, using a pillow between your knees can help.

Going to try it tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"