December 2010 Moms
Options

DH accidently slipped and revealed the baby's name

We really wanted to keep the baby's name a secret until she was born. However, DH accidentally let it slip today while we were at his grandma's house. He went to say something to the baby and said, "Well Maddie..." and he stopped because he realized what he said. It was too late anyway because everyone heard him. So now we kinda feel like we need to share with everyone because it will eventually get around. Everyone so far has said how much they like the name. So, our little girl's name is Madalyn Claire (nicknamed Maddie). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH accidently slipped and revealed the baby's name

• Options
    That's a beautiful name, and I am glad that it was well received for you guys!
  • Options

LMAO...this sounds like deja vu. My DH did the same thing yesterday. My father was putting a lock on a door for the in closet that he is building on the main floor to free up space in the spare room. My DH was asking him to face the lock inside out and says " I dont want Chase to hide in there and lock himself inside". My mom sat there grinning from ear to ear saying "What did you say?!?!.

It took my DH a few secs to realize what he has did. My parents said they would still keep it a secret but I guess I can  add it so my siggy now that hubby spilled the beans...

I guess it got harder for him now that we both always refer to the baby by his name...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

lol my DH has done the same thing...twice!!

A few weeks ago with my Mom and then this morning with his parents...he didn't even realize he did it either time because he's so used to referring to him by his first name now. His dad definitely didn't hear it (he's practically deaf) but if his mom heard it, she played it cool and didn't really let on that she knew.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    He said it is hard since we do refer to her at home by her name. I am always careful to say "the baby" around everyone else. He was the one pushing not to say anything because he wanted to carry her out of the delivery room and reveal the name.
  • Options
    Pretty name!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    aww cute name!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love the name!  I don't know how you've kept it a secret for so long!  DH and I definitely could never do that.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have done that too. We refer to the baby by her name between us and sometimes when talking to friends we accidentally let it slip, but so far they haven't realized what we said.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"