Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

DH goes back to work tomorrow

and I am going to be honest and say I am freaking out!  I am so scared about this 2 kid thing, especially with a baby who cries all.the.time.

Re: DH goes back to work tomorrow

• Options

I'll be thinking about you.  I couldn't imagine having Kate and a toddler.

And I'm hoping A starts feeling better soon.

• Options

I'm sorry. :(

Is Abigail doing any better on the new formula?

And I need to know what the girls dressed up as for Halloween!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought it was going to be easy.  I also thought this baby would be easy nad happy like O was.  They are two very different babies.  It's not easy.

Thanks!! 

BTW, what is it you said Kate has (reason for your formula switch)?

• Options
    Good luck, I hope everything goes well Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagewife1014:

I thought it was going to be easy.  I also thought this baby would be easy nad happy like O was.  They are two very different babies.  It's not easy.

Thanks!! 

BTW, what is it you said Kate has (reason for your formula switch)?

It took a while to get to a diagnosis but we are currently labeled as MSPI (milk and soy protein intolerance - hers in considered hidden since she doesn't have bloody stool and severe because the small amount of milk protien (about 1-5%) in Alimentum was too much for her system) and severe GRED (medical name for reflux).

There is no concrete way to diagnose MSPI (other than exploratory surgery which is NOT happening) so it is more of an elimination thing.  After xrays, ultrasounds, lab work, upper GI, etc all came back "normal" there wasn't much else that could be wrong.  So we made the switch to prescription amino acid based formula to see if it helped.  It helped her fussiness within days but she still spits up like crazy.

We are having more lab work done this week to rule out anything metabolic on top of the MSPI.  We are also getting in to see a Pediatric GI (my cousin is one so we have been consutling with him while we wait) soon.

• Options
    imagescoutkate:

She is so much better with the Alimentum, but is still a very fussy baby.  She has reflux and is on zantac to help with that discomfort.   She just wants to be sleeping or in the arms. 

Abigail was in the bjorn wearing a kitten hat until she started screaming and went home with MIL.  Olivia was a beautiful Cinderella.   She has never seen the movie, but asked to be Cinderella over a month ago.  She really looked adorable.  If I have a chance I will upload pics to FB.

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagescoutkate:

She is so much better with the Alimentum, but is still a very fussy baby.  She has reflux and is on zantac to help with that discomfort.   She just wants to be sleeping or in the arms. 

Have you thought about changing to Prevacid?

Per my cousin, Zantac has a very small amout of alcohol in it that is known to cause extra fussiness in colicky babies.  Kate did horribly on Zantac - she does much better on Prevacid.  It's way more expensive but so worth it.

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagescoutkate:

Abigail was in the bjorn wearing a kitten hat until she started screaming and went home with MIL.  Olivia was a beautiful Cinderella.   She has never seen the movie, but asked to be Cinderella over a month ago.  She really looked adorable.  If I have a chance I will upload pics to FB.

I'm sure they were both so freaking adorable!  I can't wait to see pictures!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow . . .

• Options
    imageLCB34:
    imagewife1014:
    imagescoutkate:

Have you thought about changing to Prevacid?

Per my cousin, Zantac has a very small amout of alcohol in it that is known to cause extra fussiness in colicky babies.  Kate did horribly on Zantac - she does much better on Prevacid.  It's way more expensive but so worth it.

hmm...good to know.  I will ask about that next week at the Dr.  She really hates the taste of the zantac and spits it out.  Does the prevacid have a taste?  Thanks for sharing Kates formula/allergy/belly issues.  It's always good to hear, as you never know what could be wrong with your own unhappy, not feeling well baby!

• Options

imagerochella:
    My H goes back to work and has a night class immediately after work tomorrow until 9PM.  -not- looking forward to it.

ooh, that is a super long day!  I'll be thinking about you.  I know it's hard, but try to get some rest when baby does.

• Options

It is a dissolvable tab that you mix with water.  It does have a taste but Kate takes it much better than the Zantac.

• Options
    I (sort of) know how you feel. I mean, I have only one LO, but I have been struggling since DH went back to work last week. I wish you luck...I'll be thinking of you!
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options

GL!

BTW, my pedi had us try Zantac first (which I was against, since my son had reflux and we used Prilosec w/ him) even though he even said that it usually only works 50% of the time.  We gave Scarlett a week on it and it didn't work - our pedi then agreed we should go to Prilosec or Prevacid.  We decided to go with Prilosec since it is what worked for Jackson.  It has to be made at a compounding pharmacy and they'll flavor it for you (usually grape or bubblegum).  If Zantac isn't helping, it's worth a shot.  Both my kids had to be on Alimentum, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"