Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When/why ferber?

Seeing a lot of sleep training posts and I am wondering under what circumstances people are sleep training. I guess I am wondering I should sleep train. My DD goes to bed with a little rocking (5 mins) and then sleeps 4.5 hours, eats, sleeps another 4 hours, eats then sleeps another 2 hours till up for the day. Do those that sleep train just put baby down? Or go thru a bath, pj, feed, rock routine?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Eli 6 monthsElsie 2 years

Re: When/why ferber?

• Options

If you're fine with it, no need to rush her STTN. DD didn't start until around 6 months.

IMO 4 months is s a bit young to expect a baby to sleep 12 hours straight, but I know thats when many start to sleep train.

• Options
    imageIrishBrideND:

If you're fine with it, no need to rush her STTN. DD didn't start until around 6 months.

IMO 4 months is s a bit young to expect a baby to sleep 12 hours straight, but I know thats when many start to sleep train.

I agree with this. We did Ferber bc 1. Dd was taking 2-3 hrs to fall asleep at night and I was slowly losing my sanity and 2. She was no longer interested in my soothing techniques and was crying everytime I tried to soothe her to sleep; nursing her to sleep was the only option and again it was taking 2-3 hrs. Something had to change.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like a typical sleeper.  I think you do it when your LO will not go down and wakes too often and requires you to go back to sleep.

We're currently waking 1 time more a night than usual, but ds still goes down easily.  So for us, sleep training is not an option as long as ds continues to be easy to put down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great post. I was wondering the same things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"