January 2011 Moms
Options

Inconsistent answers

We had our hospital tour yesterday and overall it was a positive experience. The only thing that raised an eyebrow was the nurse giving the tour when I asked about not giving the baby a bottle and only breast. She replied that it was better that they are given formula first (um, what?). Luckily for us she is a volunteer and will likely not be working when we deliver.

I plan on calling the lactation consultants at the hospital tomorrow to get some clearer answers with our no bottle/paci stand. There is a couple in our birthing class that is also delivering at the same hospital. I will ask her what info she received.

I guess what irks me, but it has been the same throughout the whole pregnancy, is that there is never a clear answer as to what you can/can not do. I understand that people have opinions but you need to leave your own thoughts out.

Re: Inconsistent answers

• Options

Wow, that would really concern me. Did she say why babies should have formula first? That makes no sense.

I definitely think it's good that you're calling the hospital LCs tomorrow. And when you check into the hospital, just tell them straight up that you don't want to use bottles/formula.  

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    Just make sure you are clear with the nurses who are on staff when you deliver about what your wishes are and stick to what you want to do. I encountered a pedi at the hospital when I had ds who kept coming into my room to tell me I was starving my child and needed to give up trying to BF and give him formula. Luckily my nurses were awesome and kept encouraging me to BF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehoundbaby:
    Just make sure you are clear with the nurses who are on staff when you deliver about what your wishes are and stick to what you want to do. I encountered a pedi at the hospital when I had ds who kept coming into my room to tell me I was starving my child and needed to give up trying to BF and give him formula. Luckily my nurses were awesome and kept encouraging me to BF.

Ugh, what a douche.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"