May 2011 Moms
Options

Maternity clothes

I am only 11 wks along & I have definitely started to grow out of my shirts and pants already.  I've been looking at the stuff from A Pea In the Pod and Motherhood but I'm finding them RIDICULOUSLY over priced.  Have any of you found any good stores with nice clothes at understandable prices? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Maternity clothes

• Options

Kohls, JCPenney, Gap (clearance online, as well as Old Navy) and Salvation Army/Goodwill

I have to go to Motherhood for pants and stuff since I am plus sized and apparently big girls don't get pregnant according to most stores...but I manage to get shirts wherever I go.  

• Options
    I think Motherhood is reasonable.  They have pants for $25 and shirts that are typical to other stores.  If you want cheaper - try JC Pennies, Sears, and Old Navy.  GAP is expensive, unless you hit their sale racks - which are great deals.  They also have coupons that the sales people can give to you.  Motherhood also puts clothes on sale often...I have a shirt and a pair of yoga pants - each for $10.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, I think Motherhood is very reasonably priced.  I got pants for $24-29.  I can't buy regular pants of good quality at those prices!
  • Options

Pea in the Pod is OUTRAGEOUS! Motherhood is slightly better, but I actually have a Gap Maternity less than 10 miles away from me and the prices and merchandise is GREAT! Not to mention the online choices and excellent exchange/return policy.  

Old Navy things have never fit my body and they quality of the shirts REALLY leaves something to be desired.  babies R Us has some things if you are willing to go dig them out! Good luck!

• Options
    I agree with Motherhood isn't bad price wise.   I just bought my first Maternity outfit today,   a shirt (on sale) and jeans (on sale) and it cost me $62 with tax.  Not bad.    I haven't really shopped anywhere else yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have had a lot of good luck with Old Navy maternity. They have a lot of coupon codes online, which make for a great deal. Target sometimes has some cute things. I did, however, get a cute shirt from Target in my last pregnancy that got some holes in it after only washing it 2-3x. One good thing about Old Navy online is that they have a great return policy. I ordered some stuff in multiple sizes not knowing how their maternity clothes fit, and it was so easy to return the things that didn't fit.

BTW, I had some of the ruched side maternity T's from Motherhood. They are unwearable now, and I only wore them like 5x with my first pregnancy. The color has faded, they look like they have been worn and washed 1000x, and they haven't. They are pilling like no other shirt I've ever owned. 

• Options
    Old Navy is where I got most of mine, though their stuff seems to run large so go into the store to try on if you can...then order online and use all the fun coupons they distribute. I've found some stuff at Ross, Kohl's, and a couple of things from Target...but not much.
  • Options
    Do you have a Burlington by you?  Their stuff is really inexpensive.  The quality isn't awesome (though really not much worse than motherhood), but it should last for at least one pregnancy and the prices make it worth it.  I got cute jeans for less than $20 and they weren't even on sale.
    imageimage

• Options

Ordered a pair of maternity khakis and 3 maternity shirts from oldnavy.com last week and they should be delivered tomorrow.  We have an Old Navy 30 mins from where I live, but they just got rid of their maternity section a few months back.  The nearest Old Navy with a maternity section is about 1 1/2 hours away :(

Hopefully everything fits!

• Options

imagerobbie3982:
    Do you have a Burlington by you?  Their stuff is really inexpensive.  The quality isn't awesome (though really not much worse than motherhood), but it should last for at least one pregnancy and the prices make it worth it.  I got cute jeans for less than $20 and they weren't even on sale.

Yes!  I'm from NJ and we have a few Burlingtons here.  I didn't even think of that store.  I'll check them out.  I went into Old Navy the other day but didn't find anything that was remotely cute.  Most of the stuff looked like moo moo's...for that, I'll just throw on my drapes!  lol!  I might give them another chance though.

I'm just trying not to spend alot since I need to save for the baby plus I'm having to see lots of doctors (high risk pregnancy) lately and that's costing me alot out of pocket.  

I appreciate all your help ladies!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm wondering if ebay wouldn't be a good place to get some nice things for less. I know that I completely intend on selling my good stuff after I'm finished with it because, as I told DH today, this is it - I'm getting "snipped" after this one!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually found two pairs of cute maternity pants at Goodwill!  I'm a teacher and I go there every now and then to look for children's books for my classroom.  I saw a sign that said "maternity".  Most of the shirts were ugly and outdated, but I found a pair of Old Navy jeans and black dress pants for work.  The total for both pants was $10.
    Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012
  • Options
    I just got a cute sweater from ann taylor loft maternity that is super comfy.  They have sales here and there that you can catch to get a good discount. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Check Craigslist too ... sometimes you can find good stuff.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"