March 2011 Moms
Options

Question about feeling kicks

I am finally starting to feel a lot of real kicks below the navel  (as verified by my u/s) but every now and then I feel things higher up- above my belly button.  I am only about 20 weeks and my uterus is about 4 weeks ahead b/c of fibroids, but baby is measuring right on track. Does anyone else feel things higher up than they think they should? Sometimes I think that maybe it's the kicks I feel below and punches I feel above? Possible?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about feeling kicks

• Options

I was measuring at 22 weeks at my Dr's appointment last Tuesday... the highest i have felt anything is basically in my belly button... but I also have an anterior placenta. I have mostly movement low.

So... if your uterus is higher because of the fibroids, then what you are feeling very well could be kicks or punches Big Smile

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I have also felt things a little higher then my belly button.  I'm wondering if it's just either hands or feet up at the very top of my uterus, kind of pushing up.  Maybe?  I also still feel tickles, but have yet to get an actual kick or punch.  I wonder when that'll start?  Do you feel anything from the outside yet? I have an anterior placenta like PP, so maybe that's why.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bet it's baby!  I thought I felt something near my belly button, i don't feel it often but every once in awhile.  During my sono the tech was around that area and that is where her feet were.  I feel her punches a lot stronger and alot lower.  But I bet that is baby you are feeling.  Especially if your uterus is further ahead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecedgar778:
    I have also felt things a little higher then my belly button.  I'm wondering if it's just either hands or feet up at the very top of my uterus, kind of pushing up.  Maybe?  I also still feel tickles, but have yet to get an actual kick or punch.  I wonder when that'll start?  Do you feel anything from the outside yet? I have an anterior placenta like PP, so maybe that's why.

Mine don't feel so much like kicks but more like taps and twitches. I only know that they're kicks (the ones below the belly button) because on the u/s we could see him kicking as I felt that same sensation.  Above the belly button I get the occasional "twitch".  I can't feel him from the outside yet. Hopefully soon.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been feeling definite hard kicks above my belly button. My doctor said my uterus is about 2 inches above my belly button, so I guess it's legit.
  • Options

Most of the kicks I feel are below the belly button still. My doc said at 20  weeks your uterus is right behind your belly button. So its possible thats just where baby is sitting. Keep in mind baby is the size of cantalope, so thats just probably where his feet are sitting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"