Nebraska Babies
Options

obs

any good obgyn's in omaha that your recommend?

Re: obs

• Options

Alegent: Talaksa

Methodist: Jacobi

UNMC: Midwives

I have had personal experiences with the first two and have been with my good friends who have seen the midwives. Good Luck Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mark D. Carlson at Methodist Women's Center. He's been my obgyn for the last 2 years and delivered my daughter. I don't think I could trust anyone else. He is a great doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bossert, Simmons @ Alegent Health
  • Options
    I had McFadden through Alegent.  His wife is also in his practice and I have seen her too, her name is Thatcher. Loved them both.  They are at Sarpy Co OBGYN.
  • Options
    I recommend Dr Gema Simmons or Dr Robert Bossert, located at Lakeside and Immanuel.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagemallen34:
    Mark D. Carlson at Methodist Women's Center. He's been my obgyn for the last 2 years and delivered my daughter. I don't think I could trust anyone else. He is a great doctor.

I can't recommend him enough.  He was amazing during all of our issues during my pregnancy with Bryce, and he was fantastic dealing with the aftermath of his death.  We got him on the phone every time we called, and his bedside manner is amazing.

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• Options
    Dr. Bossert at Alegent Lakeside!! He delivered my five year old at immanuel and will delivery Jaxson in about 14 days!!! Both are c-section
  • Options

It really depends on what you are looking for for your birth.  Do you want to have a natural unmedicated birth?  Are you trying to avoid being induced?  Do you want to avoid a c-section?  Do you want to have control of your birth or have the doctor in control of everything?  These things will are important when choosing a provider.  There are very few OB's in town who arent going to be "nice" to you when you see them during your pregnancy.  They might have amazing bedside manner and be great in an emergency but that doesnt mean they are the right doctor for everyone.  I saw a lot of recommendations and some of them are definitely not the doctor for someone trying to have a natural birth or avoid induction!  I wont call any specific doctor out on this board but please feel free to message me if you have questions about anyone specific.  Here are some reccomendations if you are looking for a natural birth:

Dr. Evans @ Lakeside

Dr. Somer-Shely @ Methodist

The Methodist Midwives (I had an absolutely perfect, calm, natural birth with them and was a High Risk pregnancy bc of IUGR)

The UNMC Midwives

Dr. Brian Finley @ UNMC

Dr. Monty Mathews @ UNMC 

Definitely figure out what you want for your birth and then pick a provider based on that.  There is a really good list of question to ask your OB to figure out if they are right for you on the CIMS website (https://www.motherfriendly.org/downloads.php). You can also message me here or email me at omahadoulamom@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

AJ

Birth Doula

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have always had good experiance at the med center. I two children their and due with my third in April. With my first I did not want a c-section and they did everything they could and i did not need one. With my second I got to the hospital with only 20 min to spare before my second son was born, and they were ready for me. I can't name any specific Dr I have seen many and they are all great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"