2nd Trimester

braxton hicks at 15 weeks?

Is this too soon for this?  For the past 3 days I've been feeling what is clearly contractions. This is my third pregnancy and it feels exactly like the contractions I've had before

It's not regular or constant.  It seems to be somewhere about 10 times a day maybe.  Should I be concerned and call the doctor tomorrow?  Or is this normal?  Have any of you felt it this early?

ETA:  When I say 15 weeks, I'm rounding up...as I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: braxton hicks at 15 weeks?

• You are probably just fine, I have had lots of gfs have braxton hicks early on, but I would still call your doctor just to make sure bc everyones body and pregnancy is different. My doc has said do not be concerned unless it is associated with pain, bleeding, or if you have more than 4 to 6 per hour.

• I was reading about BH the other day (cant remember the source) and it mentioned that while many women start to feel them around 27 weeks, they can start as early as the first trimester and that second time + moms are more likely to feel them sooner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemmclaussen:
    I was reading about BH the other day (cant remember the source) and it mentioned that while many women start to feel them around 27 weeks, they can start as early as the first trimester and that second time + moms are more likely to feel them sooner.

I wondered if this might be the case. 

Thank you both for the feedback.  For now, I'm going to try not to stress out about it too much.  I'll probably call the dr's office tomorrow and hopefully they'll tell me it's nothing at all to worry about.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started with them around 21 weeks, about 10-15 per day and this is my first baby.  My doctor said go to L and D if I have 4 or more per hour that last 30 seconds or more .  Mine are very irregular at this point, I'll have like 3 in a row and then none for a while...  Drinking water and resting for a few minutes seems to help.
  • I started having them at least at 12 weeks, the only reason I know is because I had one during my 12-week ultrasound. The tech just told me I was having a contraction, and to get up and walk around and we'd try again in 15 minutes. Anyway, point of all this is, if she hadn't pointed it out I would have no idea that the very minor cramping i was having about twice a day were BHs. It was so mild I chalked it up to being gassy or having to pee. 

Anyway, still can't hurt to run it by your dr tomorrow.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HYDRATE. I had a couple of BHs a week or so ago, I'd been really sick the previous couple of days. I immediately chugged a Gatorade and things calmed down.
    BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"