Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did you bother with a baby scale?

My baby's due next month and I was thinking about some last minute things I need/want to get before he arrives. I plan on breastfeeding and was wondering if I should get a scale to make sure he's putting on enough weight. Figured I'd ask and see if anyone found it helpful or if I should save the $ (didnt realize how expensive they can be!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you bother with a baby scale?

• Options

Weight will go back on slowly once your milk comes in. What you want to look for are enough wet and dirty diapers. If you want to know how much your LO is getting at each feeding that is when you would use a scale. Weigh baby before you feed and then after. 

You will see your pedi a few days after you leave the hospital and they will do a weight check then. Then you will go back at two weeks, again a weight check will be done. My pedi lets you come in at anytime without an appointment if I want to weigh LO.

So, personally i would not buy one and I do not know anyone who has. Their are places you can go to weigh your LO for free such as your pedi.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    No.  And most pedi offices will let you come in for a weight check if you just call ahead - no appointment needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I dont think I'll bother either. I didnt know that most pedis let you come in to check. good to know :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did but our biggest baby was 5lbs 2oz, smallest 3lbs 15oz.  And we wanted to track their weight.  If I had had bigger weight babies than we would have not bought one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"