Breastfeeding
Options

NIP in Lancaster County

I thought you ladies might enjoy this:

I live in Lancaster County, PA- you know the land of Amish and Mennonite?  Well yesterday my husband's g-mom's house was going for auction so we went to the sale and there were a ton of mennonite people there.  I always love being around them because they NIP like nobodies business, their kids are fussing and they just lay 'em down and nurse 'em, no cover or hiding in a corner!  They somehow have figured out how to do it w/out exposing a single iota of breast though, I have no idea how but they are pros and BF their babies for a long time!  Anyway- I just loved seeing all the mommy's NIP shamelessly. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NIP in Lancaster County

• Options
    That's really interesting, thanks for sharing! 
  • Options
    I grew up in southern york county (about 30min from Lancaster) and some of my neighbors were Amish........ you should have asked one of them to show you how to do it (they would have no problem teaching you) and then you could teach all of us :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would be great to live like that.  I'm tired of hiding in the car or someone's back bedroom.
  • Options
    It's pretty liberating being around them, really. I once went to a local la leche league meeting and was so shocked because it was all old order mennonite women!  It was so cool to see how into it they were and wanting to help others with it too!  Guess maybe they're not as backward as we thought :)
  • Options
    That's awesome! It's interesting that they are very modest by nature, but will NIP without a second thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    it is very liberating being around them for SURE! I have always enjoyed our trips out there. it is about 30 min from me!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I live in northeastern PA, Bradford County, and we have a community of Amish and a community of Mennonite and I totally agree it is very awesome to see them with 10 kids running around and there they are nursing an infant! I'd love to ask them how they do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"