1st Trimester

Pregnancy = hypocondriac?

Hi ladies. So I feel like every since I found out I was pregnant I have become a complete hypocondirac. This is my first pregnancy, and I am very cautious. I made a promise to myself, to relax, but I still can't help but worry from time to time.

It can be something as small as me having to slam on the brakes, because some idiot can't drive, and then worrying is my baby ok?

I guess it's the fact that I don't know what to expect, and don't have an ultrasound for a little over a month. I need to stop worrying so much!

Jenny BabyName Ticker

Re: Pregnancy = hypocondriac?

• I am currently freaking out that I had a piece of pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting that had been sitting out overnight.  Really, as first timers, there is so much going on with our bodies that we've never experienced that we tend to overanalyze everything way too much.  I do pretty much the same thing with everything.  Check the internet, go crazy in my head worrying, and then get over it!  Then the cycle starts over again.  It's normal!  If only we could all just relax all the time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for this response. This is only the beginning of motherhood, and already it's so exciting, and scary! I think I will breathe a little sign of relief when I get through this first trimester. Until then, I'm going to try to resolve to let the little things go, even though it's hard.
    Jenny BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know exactly how you feel. I freak out about every little pain!! I tell myself to relax but it rarely works.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was completely like this with my first pregnancy too.  It is so normal, just hang in there, by the second tri you will start to relax a little.  When I was pregnant with my DD I broke one of those new engery saving lightbulbs, picked pieces of it up and vacuumed the rest of it only to find out a little later that they contain mercury, you're not supposed to touch it with your bare hands and you're supposed to open a window and never vacuum them because of the mercury particles. I freaked out - but my DD was fine.  Then, at eight and a half months pregnant, I was sitting at a traffic light and some douchbag rearended me.  I was so nervous that something was going to be wrong with my child. She is a happy and very healthy two year old now.  I still find myself freaking out about things but, today I had a turkey hoagie, the other day I had a cobb salad loaded with blue cheese, I had to heave my 90 lb. black lab in and out of a car today (not to mention how many times I pick up my 30+ lb DD).  Try not to stress yourself out too much, you'll only tire yourself and make yourself crazy.  Just enjoy these days while you can still move around and get things done or choose to lounge on the couch all day because in about nine months, you'll NEVER get those days back!
  • your a mom ... the worrying will never stop now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"