Parenting after a Loss
Options

Always trust your mommy instincts!

Kylie has been sick for about 3 weeks on and off. A week and 1/2 ago, I took her to the local afterhours clinic to get her checked out since she was hacking and sounded awful. They gave her a dose of steroid for croup. She got better- for a few days that is. She then got yet another cold, or so I thought. I'll get back to her issue in a sec.

Now, Brynn. She has not been sleeping well. At all, really. Even when in bed with me , she tosses and turns, squirms, and fusses. She screams at the drop of a hat, and hasnt been nursing well. She goes to eat, pops off, and then arches her back and screams. Between the two girls, I knew something was up with both of them.

I figured it wouldnt hurt to take them to the dr. even with the fear of the dr. telling me its just a common cold, go home and give them tylenol. Low and behold MOMMY WAS RIGHT! Something was wrong. Kylie has bullous myringitis . An Atypical ear infection that she most likely got from preschool. So she is on a hefty antibiotic for that. BTW DO NOT google it. its gross. But she is not contageous nor has nasty visible blisters (told you not to google it people!) Brynn has a normal middle ear infection. So she just gets Amoxicillan. My poor babies. Dr. said we can still Trick or treat, just keep brynn's ears covered, and kylie's hair covering her ears.  Cant wait for the meds to really kick in so we all can get some rest and my girls get better!

Trust your instincts mommies. If you have any sense of something wrong, take the kiddos in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Always trust your mommy instincts!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"