Infertility
Options

A few questions about ivf

Ok, started bcp for ivf and we are supposed to cycle end of nov/ early Dec.
Did you start special diet? No drinking? Coffee?
Also, after baseline how many u/s did u have before trigger?

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A few questions about ivf

• Options

I started drinking half caf and then decaf coffee.  I didn't drink alcohol while on stims through negative betas.  

With my first cycle, I only had 2 u/s.  Baseline and 1 other.  But the number of u/s depends on what day of stims you have your first u/s and how your follies are doing at that point.

Good luck! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

I don't drink caffeine, so not an issue for me.

I stay away from alcohol and soy.  I have egg quality issues, so I am probably stricter than others.

Good luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't drink caffeine or alcohol and I reduced my sugar intake greatly and cut out all white carbs, and no soy.  This was based on the recommendation of the acupuncturist who works with my RE.  (There are more food restrictions than that but those were the big ones.)

I had two monitoring u/s before triggering.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

I stopped drinking booze when i got my period to start the IVF cycle...i started BCP's on day 3.

I cut down to 1 cup of coffee, and no other caffeine.  I did not change my diet, bc any impact diet would have had....i would have needed to start months ago.  I am healthy, so i didn't stress about my diet.

I prob had 7 u/s.  I responded very well, and they watched me very closely.  They had to change my does daily, and had me coast a bit.

• Options

There is a ton of data (from high quality studies) linking caffeine to infertility and miscarriage. I am on day 3 of my stimulation meds. I cut caffeine and caffeine containing foods (chocolate etc. boooo :() completely. I have greatly reduced my alcohol intake but I am a type a personality and deal with a ton of stress from work so I still allow myself a glass of red wine at night on bad days...I stick to red wine because it is full of anti-oxidants and there is also so much information linking high stress levels to issues with infertility. If you are interested in acupuncture the belief in traditional Chinese medicine is that liver health greatly influences the reproductive system so if you are a big weekend binge drinker you may want to cut down :) The key to life is moderation. I would start cutting caffeine as soon as you can because the Lupron headaches coupled with withdraw headaches from cutting out caffeine will not be fun :(. Can't help with the US question because I have only had my baseline, but from what my nurse told me I will have them with every visit until retrieval. 

Good Luck!

Stacey 

• Options
    Thanks everyone, very helpful.  Now, to cut out the morning latte.
  • Options

We are a bit different.

I did some watching of my diet but nothing severe.  

I haven't drank in MONTHS!!!  Coffee only a few cups of decaf since BCP.

But for u/s we had probably 10 after baseline.  They had to monitor me very closely because I responded so well to the meds. 

My Story and Blog:
    The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
    After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
    1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
    3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
    3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
    3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
    4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
    9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"