Success after IF
Options

Is the BOB jog stroller expensive or

is that about avg? Two of my sisters said at my shower they were going to get me a jogger for a gift when the baby was a little older. I found the whole stroller search very confusing so we were going to go with the frame and think about another one later. They said they'd be happy to research them for me which was a huge relief! The only thing I knew was that I need one good for all types of terrain & they suggested a front wheel that could be locked or unlocked. One mentioned now that it's time to get it and they think the BOB is good. I looked at it, love it but it seems very expensive. My DH feels they want to do it and I shouldn't refuse. Are they all around that price? My sisters coming over this week.  If there are good ones much cheaper I feel like I should say something.  Thanks for your thoughts!!
TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is the BOB jog stroller expensive or

• Options
    We have the BOB and LOVE it!! :)  It has been a lifesaver for me!  But, it is more expensive than other strollers.  We got it as a gift from my parents- but if we hadnt I would have saved up to be able to buy it.  :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It really looks fantastic.  I don't know if I should shut up and accept it or say they can give me a gift card towards it and we'll put in the rest.  I really want that one now but it would be such a big gift.  Bigger than anything I've received.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageDochas:
    It really looks fantastic.  I don't know if I should shut up and accept it or say they can give me a gift card towards it and we'll put in the rest.  I really want that one now but it would be such a big gift.  Bigger than anything I've received.

If you want to use it now make sure you get a carseat adapter and make sure your carseat is one of the approved ones to use it with.  I loved having it early on.....then when your LO reaches the minimum weight/age you can take the carseat adapter off and just use it as a regular stroller.  I think its fantastic.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We adore ours!  Getting the duallie is the *only* gear item we're considering for #2, but that's $569 and we already have the single stroller!  I disagree with getting the car seat adapter -- I don't think it's necessary at all since you can put a little one right in the stroller.  (When we got ours in 2007, it was newly approved for walking with newborns; of course as with all jogging strollers you shouldn't jog with them until they're 12 months.)  It's definitely pricey, but IMO definitely worth it too.

Jogging strollers were what I spent more time researching than any other baby item when pg with DD, the BOB is what I decided on, and we couldn't be happier. :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    We love ours.  We will be considering the duallie next summer.  We are selling our single on Craigslist.  They hold their value really, really well.  I have heard a rumor that the new 2011 ones are redesigned and most people think even better.  I thought I had heard the new models would be out in October, but I could be wrong.  I researched the BOB and the Baby Jogger City Select...I did not like the restrictedness of getting in the basket of the Baby Jogger ones.
  • Options
    We love ours!   I don't know how it compares in price but I knew that the resale value was very good which helps in the long run.   I second getting the infant seat adapter... while it is approved for use with small babies I really liked being able to put  DD in it in her bucket seat.   Then if she fell asleep on our way somewhere or while we were walking she could be easily transfered. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would totally get one! I had one, then sold it on CL and later regretted it. There is nothing like it as far as the way it maneuvers.
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

I have the duallie...and seriously told DH to sell my car if he had to, that I NEEDED that stroller!  LOL 

We got the stroller and thankfully kept my car:)

Everyone that ever uses my stroller thinks it is incredible.

I would love a single BOB too now that Reed wants to walk more often, but that might be a stretch:)

• Options

I have a BOB Revolution (the front tire locks and swivels) and I LOVE IT! This is the only stroller we have and I am so glad we spent the money on it. I did get the carseat adapter but in hindsight would have gotten a snap & go for the short time DS was in the baby seat.  When he was quite little I would recline the back and just lay him in it with extra blankets for support. It is great for walking, jogging, hiking (we do some serious offroading with this stroller) and shopping.

• Options
    The BOB Revolution is worth every penny! It's in a similar price range to a lot of stroller brands and is extremely versatile. If you go with the BOB, then just get a cheapy umbrella stroller for quick trips to the store and traveling.
  • Options
    Thank you! I think I'll just offer to pay part. I feel weird getting such asn expensive gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"