Parenting

What does butter cost where you are?

Yikes! I had to buy butter today and it was almost $4.

oh well, I had to have it, but it hurt. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image

Re: What does butter cost where you are?

• I always buy butter at Aldi's. It has been 1.99 for quite a while but on my last trip it went up to 2.39 I think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • as in sticks of butter... it always runs between $3.50-$5 depending on the brand here.  I stock up when there are good sales.  the small carton of Brummel and Brown (I only use the spreads for toast or grilled cheese, use stick butter for cooking and baking) is usually around the same I want to say $3.50 or 4. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I noticed the cost of conventional butter went from $2 to $4. Only $.50 less than organic. That sucks. I liked when it was way cheaper for making things like birthday cakes!
  • I just buy the cheapo store brand, but even that jumped from $2.29 to $2.69 in the last month.

Land O Lakes or whatever is definitely $4 or so.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Organic butter has consistently been $4.99/lb for as long as I've been buying it. I haven't paid attention to the price of conventional butter in several years.
  • Ours went up from around $4 for a # to $6.  That's a 50% hike!  I noticed it happened a couple of months ago.  I am usually very bad about keeping track of prices, but since we buy so much dairy, those prices stick in my head.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"