Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Did NE1 wean LO off Nutramigen?

How old was LO when you started to wean them off?  What formula did you switch to?  I'm thinking about trying to wean DD off when she's 3 months.  Just wondering if that's going to be too early.
imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Did NE1 wean LO off Nutramigen?

• Options
    I dont have any experience, but a freind of mines baby was on it until her pedi told her to try and switch, which was at her 6 month appt.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options
    DD is on Alimentum, which is similar to Nutramigen. We are currently weaning now, at 12.5 months, while transitioning to milk.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Why are you on Nutramigen to begin w/?

DS was on Alimentum for a while when I was supplementing.  We discovered a dairy/soy allergy around 6 weeks and I was dairy/soy free while pumping.  We tried to introduce soy formula at 4 mo and he projectile vomited it all up about an hour or so after having it.  I tried randomly around 9 mo after having a latte.  I was going to dump my milk but gave him that milk and he was fine.  Since then I now eat dairy and soy and DS has cheese too.  Although 2 mo ago (he's almost a year) I gave him straight tofu and he vomited EVERYWHERE.  It seems like he still has a sensitivity.

3 mo sounds too young to try in my opinion.  I think 6 mo would be more like it, but see what your pedi says.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Options
    Typically at least 6 months. We aren't on formula but DS still hasn't outgrown his milk protein allergy at 9 1/2 months.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

LO is on Alimentum (dairy/soy allergy), we have no plans to introduce dairy any time soon, about a month ago he had something that had trace amounts in it and had a reaction. We'll try soy around 12 months and see how it goes.

We are already prepared to have to go to Soy Milk and if that doesn't work then I believe Rice Milk is next in line.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We aren't on formula either, but LO had some mad food allergies, so we would have had to do Neocate.  I'd wait until your pedi tells you it's ok, but at least until after 6 months, when the gut flora is stronger and more able to handle food issues.  Why were you on Nutramigen in the first place? food issues?  Or is it one of those acid reflux things too?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"