VBAC

Today's thoughts

I'm going to try my best to keep this concise... we'll see!

1- I am trying to stop thinking of my upcoming birth as a "VBAC". Any other pregnancy, I would be anticipating going into labor, and pushing a baby out. I am trying not to think of this any differently. 

2- I am sooooo excited about going into labor! Maybe it sounds dumb, but I never even got to do that part last time, for the most part. I just got out of our huge bathtub, and the whole time I was in there, I was visualizing spending a lot of time in there while in labor, and staying home as long as possible. 

Anyways, I am getting really excited. I guess the 3 month mark is now, and it seems like this pregnancy is flying by!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Today's thoughts

• I hear you!  I actually told my prenatal yoga class that I figured pure excitement about actually being in labor this time would get me through the first few centimeters.  They may  have thought I was nuts, or probably thinking, "yeah....  riiiiight..."   Still, I'd be so excited for my body to actually start laboring (I never did with DS, either). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't wait to feel what REAL labor is. I was induced, so I never "went into" labor except when my water broke.

My favorite line on my hyponobabies Pregnancy Affirmations is "This is a pregnancy and baby unique unto itself."

this totally reminds me to stop comparing this pregnancy and birth to my last. 

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was pregnant with my daugther, I tried not to think of my birth as a VBAC.  I never went into labor with DS, so I was really just like any other first time laboring mama in my mind.

I was also so excited about going into labor.  I was looking forward to getting to feel contractions since I didn't get that with my first birth.  I think that excitement really helped my labor, which I wouldn't describe as painful at all.  It was a great experience and minutes after DD was born, I looked at H and told him I would do it again!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"