3rd Trimester
Options

NBR, when do you have trick-or-treat?

I've always lived in the same general area, and around here trick-or-treat is always the Thursday closest to the 31st (not sure why, I think it had something to do with mischief night?!)  So we had trick-or-treat this past Thursday.  Apparently, this is unusual (I seriously thought this was how it was done everywhere!)  So, when do you have trick-or-treat around you?

It's always 6-8 pm also. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR, when do you have trick-or-treat?

• Options
    Its always on the 31st here, but different areas have different time spans. Like in my area, it is from 6-9, where another section of town might have it from 6-10.
  • Options

Halloween night.

When I lived in Carson City NV though it was moved b/c of Nevada day lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Trick-or-treating is tonight where I live.
  • Options
    Our town decided to do it last night, but I think that's only because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year. I've never heard of it being on a Thursday every year.
  • Options

Halloween night, no matter what day it is!

My hubby grew up about 90 min from me and in some neighborhoods they do "Beggar's night"- Oct 30th. We actually went to a party there last night and went out trick-or-treating. So weird to me!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    it's always on the 31st, but i believe that there is a curfew.  we usually stop handing out candy at 7:30...anyone after that is usually too old to be asking for candy anyway!
  • Options
    In our town they always do ToT on a Friday or Saturday. Our ToT was yesterday evening here.
  • Options
    Where I live it's normally done on the 31st except when the 31st falls on a Sunday. I live in a very religous town/state. Although we will get trick or treaters Friday Saturday and Sunday this year.
  • Options
    Always on the 31st.  No set times for when the kids can go out, but they usually start around 6-7pm.
  • Options

Always on the night of the 31th regardless of what day it falls on. Although this year there was talk of moving it to Saturday night simply because the Saint's play at 7:30 tonight and people didn't want one to interfere with the other.

The idea didn't fly so well. 

• Options
    imageLovesMM:

Always on the night of the 31th regardless of what day it falls on. Although this year there was talk of moving it to Saturday night simply because the Saint's play at 7:30 tonight and people didn't want one to interfere with the other.

I live about 30 min from you in Covington! :)  We're TOT tonight, but we're going early.  There were several neighborhoods over here that did it last night because of the game.  We're taking my dd early at 5:00 so we can be settled before game time.  The light is going off at 7:15!

• Options
    Trick or treat is always on the 31st 6-8pm.  People will basically keep trick or treating until everyone puts out the candles in their pumpkins and turns out their lights.  Anyone after 8 are usually teenagers.
  • Options
    imageDaisy57b:
    imageLovesMM:

I live about 30 min from you in Covington! :)  We're TOT tonight, but we're going early.  There were several neighborhoods over here that did it last night because of the game.  We're taking my dd early at 5:00 so we can be settled before game time.  The light is going off at 7:15!

I don't have a LO (yet) but we are going to my sister's house and they plan on taking her DD out early and will by home by 7. Then she will be in charge of the door while the adults are watching the game. She's 9 and fully capable of passing out candy (not that we expect many ToTers past kick off)

What hospital are you delivering at? Who's your doc? I'm going to Lakeview in Mandeville.

• Options
    When Halloween falls on a Sunday, they do it that Saturday, but usually its the day of Halloween. The
  • Options
    imageLovesMM:
    imageDaisy57b:
    imageLovesMM:

I don't have a LO (yet) but we are going to my sister's house and they plan on taking her DD out early and will by home by 7. Then she will be in charge of the door while the adults are watching the game. She's 9 and fully capable of passing out candy (not that we expect many ToTers past kick off)

What hospital are you delivering at? Who's your doc? I'm going to Lakeview in Mandeville.

My doc is Dr. Steen and I'm delivering at St Tammany in Covington.  Hopefully soon too! I bet a lot of people go early tonight, I just can't see that many people ToTing after kick off.  If they want candy they better come early! Who's your doc? You're not going to one in Slidell?

• Options
    imageDaisy57b:
    imageLovesMM:
    imageDaisy57b:
    imageLovesMM:

My doc is Dr. Steen and I'm delivering at St Tammany in Covington.  Hopefully soon too! I bet a lot of people go early tonight, I just can't see that many people ToTing after kick off.  If they want candy they better come early! Who's your doc? You're not going to one in Slidell?

My Doc is Dr. Mokry. He doesn't have privileges in Slidell only at Lakeview Regional and St. Tammany. His offices are actually in Lakeview on the same floor as L&D so its very convenient if I go into labor that he will be there.

It's a bit of a drive but totally worth it because he is amazing. 

• Options
    Ours is tonight and there are no set times in our neighborhood. We just pass out candy until we either go to bed or run out. Then we just turn off our porch light

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    31st. No set time. I have never heard of set dates and times until I read it here on the bump. Seems so silly.
  • Options
    imageLovesMM:

Foxboro, MA - where the Patriots play - actually did change trick or treating to last night. The stadium is near a lot of residential areas and with all the traffic for the game, town officials just didn't feel it was safe to have it today.

Otherwise, it's always the 31st with no real set time.

• Options
    Halloween night... from 5:30-8:30pm...  i've never heard of trick or treating being on any other night other then Halloween.... that's just wierd.
  • Options
    On the 31st and no times---just parent's discretion.  
  • Options
    We always have it on the 31st.  I wish there was a curfew, because anybody who goes out after 8:30pm are usually too old to be trick or treating in the first place.
  • Options
    imagezeadfly:

I grew up in So Cal, and it was always on the 31st no matter what day it fell on.

I now live in (Bible Belt) a county that is a dry county on Sundays. ToT was last night. But in the next county over (I guess the more laid back county, serves alcohol after 1pm on Sundays) has ToT tonight. 

OMG!! no drinking on Sunday??  what about sunday family dinners, or going out for dinner??  I'm in no way a heavy drinking, maybe 2 or 3 glasses of wine a week, but for someone to tell you "you cant drink" on sunday is just ridiculous.  (no offence)

• Options

imagejesscullen:
    On the 31st and no times---just parent's discretion.  

This.  You turn your light off when you no longer want to have kids stop by.  I don't get moving it to another day.  We don't move Christmas to make it more convenient.

• Options
    I had never heard of having it any night but Halloween, that's why when we were kids it was awesome when Halloween was on the weekend and not a weekday!  I don't think there's any rules here about what time they can come around.  Ours started right around 3pm today. Either people are being courteous and not starting until after school hours like normal, or there really is a rule I don't know about lol.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    No set time and it is always on Halloween here in OR.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    image*sallymad*:
    31st. No set time. I have never heard of set dates and times until I read it here on the bump. Seems so silly.
    This exactly.
  • Options
    We live on an Army base here in AZ and they set Trick-or-Treat time from 6-8 tonight.  Before this, I've never had a set time on trick or treating, and it's always been on Halloween.
  • Options
    Ours is always on the 31st. This year it was from 5-7, not sure if it is always that set time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"