Pregnant after IF
Options

Itching to death!!!!Help!!!

Any advice would be great!  Last week I started itching in my legs near where I was being given the POI shot. I called my RE and they said they could switch from Sesame Oil to Olive oil...but I said I would suck it up since I have already bought 3 more vials of the POI.  But,. as of yesterday the itching has spread all over my body...no joke, all over! 

Has anyone ever had an experience like this?  I am only 17 days past ET and my last beta was 576.  I have only been taking POI for 17 days.  My RE said they could write me a prescription for the progesterone suppository so hopefully that will help, but it still feels early to switch over.  Did anyone have any problems with the suppository?  I know DH will be thrilled not to have to be home every night at 8 to give the injections, so maybe we can have a social life again.  I am just worried that switching over may hurt the little one or two developing right now.  

Any thoughts?  This itching thing just has to stop,  it is outrageously annoying!  I feel like I have fleas!  I can't even sleep!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Itching to death!!!!Help!!!

• Options

If you are having an allergic reaction to the PIO, it seems to me that it would be the smart thing to do to switch over to the suppositories. You will still be getting progesterone, and if your RE thinks it's ok, I wouldn't worry. Some women don't use PIO, they only use suppositories, with no problems at all.

They are a lil messy, but well worth it. GL and congrats!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

imageimage
    TTC Since Dec 2006
    *IVF #1 cancelled at ET*
    *IVF #2 OHSS, transfer cancelled*
    *FET #1 2 frosties, c/p*
    *Lap April 2010, removed endometrioma/endo implants*
    *Surprise BFP June 2010*
    *Beautiful daughter born 2/14/11!!*
    Thoughts from an Overwrought Mind
    SAIFW
  • Options
    imageflutterby918:

If you are having an allergic reaction to the PIO, it seems to me that it would be the smart thing to do to switch over to the suppositories. You will still be getting progesterone, and if your RE thinks it's ok, I wouldn't worry. Some women don't use PIO, they only use suppositories, with no problems at all.

They are a lil messy, but well worth it. GL and congrats!!

I agree, it sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to the PIO. From the sounds of it, it's also getting worse the longer you are on it, so it would definately be a good idea to get off it. Yeah it sucks that you just bought three more vials, but you don't want to risk it. I never did PIO, just the supps and yeah they are gross and messy, but they did the trick. GL!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

personally, I wouldn't switch to suppositories. I would switch to a different oil, since the odds are you're NOT reacting to the progesterone, but to the oil.

I would ABSOLUTELY switch to olive oil. It's the gentlest of all of the oils it can be compounded in.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

It sounds like an allergic reaction, and I would definitely switch oils. It's only going to get worse if you keep using the same stuff.

Good luck! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Thank you for your thoughts!  They just switched me to Endometrin...which is the suppository...ahh the idea of the itching going away is very exciting! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"