December 2010 Moms
Options

clicky poll for getting ready to deliver

I know some of us have scheduled csections, some might have induction dates, or just the wait and see route.  If everything goes as planned and you have to the time to plan and do these things what will you do to "ahem" look your best at the hospital. 

[Poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: clicky poll for getting ready to deliver

• Options
    I know a lot of women are really gung ho about the bikini thing, but you haven't seen it in months, you won't WANT to see it afterwards and it is not going to be the best looking thing during the entire childbirthing ordeal, so why even put forth the money or effort??
  • Options
    SS: I can still see my bikini area and shave it regularly, but I'm the type that hates hair and even shaves my arms. On the other hand I don't care at all about my nails and the only manis and pedis I've ever had were paid for by other people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually get regular waxes, but since I have been stuck in the hospital for 2 weeks and will be here until I have the baby, I won't be able to get my regular waxing, much to my disappointment. I do have my shaver, but I haven't shaved in so long, I an kind of worried about the itching, especially with the c-section.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    SS - I just plan on shaving. I was able to use a mirror in the shower today so I could actually see what I was doing down there. Manis and pedis aren't really important to me, pregnant or not.
  • Options
    I'll be shaving my legs, trimming and could care less about my toes. It's december. I'll be wearing socks.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Just got a pedi yesterday and my SIL pointed out that it'll probably be my last one before LO gets here. wow!

Beyond that, I'm still able to shave my legs, so I'll keep doing that. I try to trim the bikini area but it's a ton of work. I don't really care what that area looks like when I get admitted!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SS -- I plan on having a bikini wax, but not a mani/pedi or anything.  I honestly don't care about what I look like during delivery, but the idea of so much bleeding in an unkempt area just skeeves me out.  I'd rather it not have any hair to get stuck in.  I get waxed regularly anyway, so it's not like it's a special deal.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the "I'm pushing out a baby, I don't really care what it looks like!" group. I shave regularly (though I'm not quite sure how it looks now) so I'll keep it up but I'm not going out of my way to make everything pretty for the docs and nurses...I'm sure they've seen worse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am going to have a pedi beforehand because it will be awhile afterwards till I feel like doing the toes myself.

My nails are most likely not going to get a pro mani, just what I will do myself in boredom.

As for the waxing/shaving...I have been shaving all along. I will shave a day or so before I go in for my section because I don't want it to be irritated on top of being cut open. It just feel cleaner to me.

And yes, doctors and nurses have seen it all, however I don't want to be the one they all talk about in a year- Remember that girl, she had the 70's disco bush!? OMG!

• Options

Shaving isn't anything special, I've been doing it all along and I do it because I like how easy it is to take care of when its groomed and its a PITA to get it back to shaven once it's grown out, so I'll keep on doing it up until I go into the hospital for my own sake.

I plan on getting a mani/pedi for the relaxation. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a nervous wreck in the couple weeks before R.D. joins us, so in order to get myself to calm down a bit, I want to get a mani/pedi. Plus, in the weeks after his birth, I am NOT going to have time to do it myself haha. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"