1st Trimester

A bit scared and confused...

Hello everyone,

I'm new and I am looking forward to meeting all of you. Ok, question and a bit of background.  I had 2 negative HPT's and went in for a blood test.  The blood test was negative.  Almost 2 weeks later and still no AF and feeling really bloated and sore breasts so I requested another blood test and got a big positive. 

According to my ovulation chart I would be 7.5 weeks but at my first Dr. apt and ultrasound he said my hormone levels and how the baby looked would not put me that far along.  

Now I am scared that because I didn't show up on tests for so long that my hormone level is low and the pregnancy will not be successful.  I try not to think about it but I am soooooo scared.  

I would love to hear any similar experiences for some reassurance.

Thanks. 

Re: A bit scared and confused...

• How far along did the Dr. say you were according to the ultrasound?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I *think* it would be possible that your cycle was longer than you thought it was....and the hcg levels were too low when you first tested. Meaning that, you are fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Since you were testing negative you more than likely just ovulated late. I wouldn't worry too much. 
  • Congrats and welcome!  To understand your situation, more details would be helpful.  When was your LMP, when does your chart indicate you ovulated, when did you get the first positive blood test, and how far along did the doctor think you were based on the u/s?

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You likely ovulated later than you think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the warm welcomes and words of encouragement!  The first day of my last period was Sept. 7th and according to my chart I ovulated the 23ed of September. That would make me 7weeks.

The Dr. didn't say how far along he thought I was based on the US all he said when I told him my LMP was oh, then you must have ovulated late because your hormone levels don't match that date. 

I had my first neg. blood test on Oct. 15th and pos. blood test on Oct. 26.

• imagemorrobaby:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and words of encouragement!  The first day of my last period was Sept. 7th and according to my chart I ovulated the 23ed of September. That would make me 7weeks.

The Dr. didn't say how far along he thought I was based on the US all he said when I told him my LMP was oh, then you must have ovulated late because your hormone levels don't match that date. 

I had my first neg. blood test on Oct. 15th and pos. blood test on Oct. 26.

Can you link your chart to us? That could make a difference in a lot of our answers, I suspect.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"