Pregnant after 35
Options

Finally got my BFP

Hi!  I hung out on TTC after 35 for a while and then took a time out b/c I was getting frustrated with the whole process - so I do know some who have moved over here...Kiki...Char...(if you remember me!) so excited to be joining you!! 

I just turned 38 I am pg with #3 after 10 months of "officially" trying.  I was *this* close to calling my dr to get things checked out but thank God I don't have to!  I pray that this pregnancy goes as well as the previous ones and I have a happy, healthy baby!  And I wish all of you the same!! 

I look forward to all the complaining, whining, funny stories, and good times!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally got my BFP

• Options

Hey curly!!!!  I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  So awesome that you've come over to this side!   How far along are you?

H&H 9 months!  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options

Hey Kiki!!!  I'm so happy to be over here!  I was really beginning to think that 3 kids weren't in the cards for me!  I am early...only 4 weeks.  I tested last night and got a BFP on an expired test!  I tried not to get my hopes up, but DH and I kept thinking that pg tests are a lot like medication - they still work, just not as potent.  I took another one soon after (not expired) but it was so slow to come up that I took the damn thing apart - but there was no denying the +.  I waited until this morning and broke out my FRER and a nice, clear pink line showed up.  And I also took another +/- test for good measure.  Ahhh, the drama of pg tests!!  I'm feeling crappy, had a few good cramps yesterday that I though for SURE were AF cramps.  But when my stomache was grumbling for dinner and then got this sick feeling b/c my stomach was empty, I kinda got a clue and tested. 

Phew!  Long, rambling story!

It looks like you are doing well!  10 weeks already??  I stopped posting on TTC after 35, but I lurked occasionally and was thrilled to see your BFP! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's a good story!!!  I well remember testing several times myself just to be sure I wasn't dreaming! 

Yeah, it's hard to believe I'm this far along already.  Things are going great!  I had a bleeding scare on Thursday, but turns out it was just the second sac "resolving itself" (two sacs showed up on my 8w ultrasound but the second wasn't viable).  Little one is wiggling away in there!  NT scan coming up a week from Tuesday (on Nov 9)... Not showing yet, but getting close... bloat bump can be hidden under baggy sweaters but not for much longer I fear. :) Will be glad to get to Thanksgiving, as testing results will be in and I'll be out of the 1st tri! 

Can't wait to hear YOUR updates!!!  Congrats again!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options

Curly!!!  Yaay!!!  So happy you got your BFP!!!! Love your testing story...I tested the day before and the day of my beta and I was still nervous that my beta would come back negative!!!  It's a crazy roller coaster!!

I can't wait to hear your updates....have you made a Dr appt yet?  I had my NT scan and both babies look beautiful!  My next appt is with the peri on Nov 17th and then I see a dr every other week between the peri and the OB...this make me happy because I start to freak out between appts.

I'm showing and we came out to friends last week after my 13w appt because I just can't hide it anymore!

So excited for you!!! ...and I'm glad you still have that siggy pic because it cracks me up!!!

• Options

Hey Char!!  So happy to hear that things are going well for you and your double bundle there!  Will you be finding out the sexes?  It so exciting to show, isn't it? 

I haven't called the dr yet b/c I know they won't see me until I'm at least 8 weeks, so I have another month to go.  I'll probably call next week at least to make an appt, though, b/c 8 weeks is Thanksgiving week and I want to enjoy my turkey and not worry!  I hate the worrying during the first few months!!!

I think I"m going to keep that sig pic up forever!  LOL!

• Options

You better keep it up!! LOL!

We wil lfind out the sexes...I am a planner and I need to know!!  It is exciting to show, but I had someone tell me I looked small...I was like "I'm only 14 weeks tomorrow...I shouldn't be showing at all!"  Then I smacked her...not really...but I wanted to! 

• Options

Congratulations and welcome to the other side!   I think I am an anomaly and was like the anti-tester.  I didn't test until AF was 2 days late...and even then it was only because I was about to order $$$ of IVF meds. 

Char & Kiki...so glad to read your wonderful updates!  Keep 'em coming! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh, curly! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! Maybe it will be a little girl this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"