Eco-Friendly Family

Merino Kids Sleep Sack?

Gulp. Are they worth their price? We are having a heck of a time with DS waking up cold because his room is drafty. It isn't even that cold outside, in the 40s! But I really want to stop worrying about him being warm enough. Now he wears fleece footed PJs and a Aden&Anais thick sleep sack. I give him a blanket also but he never keeps it over him, he just snuggles it.

Any cheaper alternatives? Or are that that good because they last to 2 years old?

Re: Merino Kids Sleep Sack?

• They are that good because they're made of merino! Merino knit is expensive. I priced it here in NZ at NZ$39 per metre when I was thinking about just making one. I'm just gonna suck it up and buy one.

The awesome thing about Merino is that it insulates and breathes so it has a unique ability to regulate baby's temperature. A few friends have the Merino Kids sleep sacs and they swear by them.

Your other option is a Mokopuna Sleep Sac. The website is in NZ dollars but shipping to the US is free for over $75 so it looks like it works out a few dollars cheaper than the Merino Kids one.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • I don't know about the sleep sacks....I'm sure they would be wonderful but could you do anything to help seal the draft...maybe be sealing the windows?  DS#1's room is cooler as well and I bought a little space heater for him (it's electric, blows heat so the unit itself isn't a burn hazard, and has a temp control...$40)

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • Why spend a ton? I just got a halo sleep sack from the consignment store for $3 and two from Target- one for $8 and one for $12. All work fine. I also have her sleep with a small, safe space heater.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think grobag are a bit cheaper but not much.  But they are amazing!  I hate my other sleepsacks.  
  • imagekdello:
    Why spend a ton? I just got a halo sleep sack from the consignment store for $3 and two from Target- one for $8 and one for $12. All work fine. I also have her sleep with a small, safe space heater.

I find they are really not that warm compared to grobag.   

• imagekdello:
    Why spend a ton? I just got a halo sleep sack from the consignment store for $3 and two from Target- one for $8 and one for $12. All work fine. I also have her sleep with a small, safe space heater.

I already have Halo sleep sacks. I want wool. Hence the Merino Kids inquiry.

• My suspicion is yes, they are worth it but I can tell you that now that DD is walking we can't put a sleep sack on her.  To do it we'd have to wait until she's already asleep and that would wake her.  Our sol'n has been woolybottoms footies or other wool longies (snugglepants).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i'd just get a halo one or you can also look up grobags. harder to find herem they're european but i LOVE them.
  • DS is almost 16 months and he's been wearing one of these since he was a newborn.  They're definitely more expensive than fleece, but well worth it IMO.  Have you looked at them on Amazon?  They're on sale there right now I think.....
    Photobucket Follow my journey into raising two babies using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"