Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

flying w/ ds for thanksgiving - any tips?

i am going to be on a plane for all of 50ish minutes with my 16 week old to fly to Miami for thanksgiving. i'll be by myself as DH will be driving down that morning and i'm just slightly nervous. sometimes i do extremely well in stressful situations and other times, i kinda freak out! so if anyone has any tips for advice for me, i'd really appreciate it. 

i have an infant flight vest travel harnesses so he'll be attached to me en route. i know to pack the pacifiers for his ears. i don't have an umbrella stroller yet, should i bring our big quinny buzz or leave it with dh? would i be able to check it at the gate? i'm afraid of it getting tossed around and broken. i was planning on carrying ds in my wrap but i just realized i won't really have anywhere to put him if i have to set him down while in the terminal.

ok, the more i type, the more i'm starting to worry. help please?!?!

Re: flying w/ ds for thanksgiving - any tips?

• Options
    I flew with DD a month ago and it was way easier than I thought it would be.  We ended up bringing our car seat and snap and go as well as the ergo.  But I had DH with me.  You can gate check your stroller, I don't think that it would get tossed around as much as if you check it.  However, I think for a 50 minute flight with no layover you should be fine with just your wrap.  Can you go to the bathroom with baby on you?  If so, you shouldn't have a problem.  Just limit your carry-on to essentials so you aren't carrying around too much stuff.  I tried to nurse DD during take off and landing to help with the pressure.  She did fine on the plane.  Be sure to change diapers in the airport though, not all planes have changing tables in the bathroom.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds like you have a good plan.  If the baby is in a carrier and you don't have a lot of carry on baggage, I recommend getting on the plane as late as possible.  That way you can rock and soothe him as long as possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemaryc_07:
    It sounds like you have a good plan.  If the baby is in a carrier and you don't have a lot of carry on baggage, I recommend getting on the plane as late as possible.  That way you can rock and soothe him as long as possible.

I found it was easier to be first on the plane.  Then I could rock her to sleep on the plane before it got crowded.  Although she woke up when the flight attendant and pilot made their announcements so...

Oh I gate checked my car seat and stroller for 4 flights and everything was fine.  I even left a toy in the car seat (mommy brain!) and it was still there after one of the flights.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"