Success after IF
Options

Anyone have IUI with low count?

Hi...

Sorry to intrude on your board, but I am wondering if anyone has had a successful IUI with low sperm count.  DH has 1.1 mil sperm, and that is prewash.  We are going to try IUI the next couple months, but I keep reading that his counts are way too low for any success.  His urologist thinks we should just go straight to IVF.

Any insight would be helpful.   :)

Ellen & Chris 5/6/06
-------------------------
TTC Since 10/2007 with no luck and a 'go with the flow' attitude
1/1010 FINALLY decided to have testing done, dx MFI
7/2010 - DH starts Clomid to increase testosterone and hopefully sperm count
10/2010 - Still low (but improved) sperm count.
11/30/10 - IUI #1 and only = BFN
February 2011 - IVF #1 w/ ICSI =
Chemical PG (Beta 1: 10, Beta 2: 19, Beta 3: 17) :-(
April 2011 - IVF #2 w/ ICSI = BFN :-(
September 2011 - IVF #3 w/ ICSI = BFFN
November 2011 - AMH level tested - .83 (normal for age range)
February 2012 - IVF #4 w/ ICSI = (best response ever yet still) BFFN
April 2012 - DNA testing - NORMAL, RE suggests cycling again with own eggs or using DE
On Break indefinitely...not sure we can afford the emotional and financial roller coaster anymore.
*PAIFW/SAIFW*

Re: Anyone have IUI with low count?

• Options
    My RE wouldnt even attempt IUI with a count that low. We had 1.8mil. Our insurance company was pushing for the IUI, and he fought them on our behalf saying that it would be a waste oftheir (and our) money (we had a $9000 deductible) and that the research didn't support IUI with less than 5mil post wash.

I'm really sorry, but I believe in putting the $ towards what gives the best chance of success... And in your case, it sounds like IVF with ICSI.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our RE recommended we move to IVF ( w/ ICSI) when our post wash counts started dropping below 4 million. With our last IUI we only has a post wash count of 800,000 and while they didn't say it was totally hopeless, our odds weren't good. If you guys are open to IVF, I would go straight there. I know it is a really tough decision though, so you have to do what is right for you. I know we had to do a few IUIs before we felt ready. Good luck to you!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"