1st Trimester

Also posted in 2 under 2. Placenta question!

Haven't spoke w/ the Dr. but with my Sophia had a reg delivery until it was placenta time. It took over an hr and 1/2 to deliver my placenta. Which I could not do it was stuck in there terribly and had to be suctioned out. I do not want a C/S but I do not want to go though that pain again. Do you think Dr will recommend a C/S, if not I think I will. The pain was worse than labor, and a few hrs after the placenta issues I was given two shots at the same time on my lower back. Have any other mom's here experienced this??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Also posted in 2 under 2. Placenta question!

• I have not had that experience, but I did have a bad 1st delivery.  They put too much meds in my epidural and I was allergic to that and the meds they use to give that dried up the breast milk.  The whole delivery and for almost a week after I was completely out of it and don't remember anything except when I had to puke and all the terrible pain I was in.  I couldn't even take care of my new little baby.  I had her on a Friday and wasn't able to do anything until that Wednesday.  When I found out I was pg with my 2nd I was so scared of how the delivery would go.  Well things went fine with the 2nd and 3rd.  Now here I am with my 4th on the way and I still get that feeling of omg I hope everything goes ok, and I'm sure it will.  You will have to talk with your doctor first of course, but remember not every pregnancy is the same. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any experience with that, but did your doctor give you a reason it happened? There's a difference between a fluke and something with the way your body developed the placenta that caused it to be harder to deliver. Either way, I would REALLY hesitate asking for a c/s. It is a major surgery, and you won't be able to lift your older child for a week or two while you're healing. You can't drive for nearly a month. Nursing is difficult because of your incision site. Etc. And this is all coming from someone who had a c/s with my first and had a wonderful, complication-free procedure and recovery. 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks will talk to my doc my first apt is on the 12th. There is really no true explaination she says, but I am going to do my own research. She did say that the blood clots I had in the first tri must have contributed to my delivery issue.

Thanks ladies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"