December 2010 Moms
Options

Dry nips

This week my nipples/areolas are completely dry. I have been putting cream on them every day, but by the evening they are dry again. Anyone else having this issue?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry nips

• Options
    yep! I actually used some of the Lansinoh cream/ointment stuff I got at the shower. I used it twice and it worked really well! Let's hope it works that well once they are sore from nursing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Mine, too! I've been using my Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark cream on them, which seems to help. (I hope it's okay to use that on them! Hmm. I should probably use some of the Lansinoh stuff instead.)

At first I wondered if the dry skin could be dried-up colostrum, but I think it's just plain ol' dry skin.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It also helps not to get soap on your nipples, it dries them out. This will be important when nursing too.
  • Options
    The lansinoh lanolin works great! I suggest using it twice a day when you are getting close to your due date to prevent cracked nipples! I did not do this with DS1 and I had a lot of pain and bleeding. 
  • Options

imageJLSmith124:
    The lansinoh lanolin works great! I suggest using it twice a day when you are getting close to your due date to prevent cracked nipples! I did not do this with DS1 and I had a lot of pain and bleeding. 

Side note - your little man is TOO cute!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I went to a breastfeeding class last week and they said if your nipples/areolas are dry, use lanolin or olive oil. Do not use any sort of lotion at this point because it can block your Montgomery glands and cause trouble with breastfeeding.
  • Options
    Don't freak out on me ladies- but squeeze out a little drop of colostrum and rub that in.  Works better than anything else.  In fact, the LC told me to always rub a little BM on my nipples after each feeding.  Let that air dry and then coat with Lansinoh.  It did help me avoid the dreaded cracked nipple.  And one other trick... rub a little BM on your LO's baby acne and it will clear that up too.  Miracle stuff.

• Options
    Hi. My aerolas seem to be dryer, than normal. Nips are pretty moisturizing themselves at this point...lol.
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    imageKristi221:

imageJLSmith124:

Side note - your little man is TOO cute!!!

Thanks! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"