Indiana Babies
Options

Lesson Learned

Ugh.  Sorry to post another vent.  Here it goes:

My cousins threw my aunt a surprise 60th birthday party tonight.  We left another party early so we could make this one (a party we would have much rather stayed at), and then we drove 30 minutes up to Geist.  When we get there we realize it's a BAR!  It's called "The Grill" so we had no freakin' clue it was a bar.  My cousins saw us at Claire's party last week, asked if we were going, and made no mention she couldn't go.  We thought it was a family event, and our babysitters (my mom and dad) were also going to be at this party.

So, we go to the party area in the back and hang out for 20 minutes until my aunt came.  Claire got scared when everyone yelled "surprise," and she started crying.  The manager then came up to us and kicked us out.  Special.  I was so embarrassed, frustrated, and mad. 

Lesson we learned: ask if it's a kid friendly event.  

Oh yeah, my little sister was also invited (she's 20!), but luckily she didn't come.  Thanks for letting us know it's a bar, punks. Angry

Re: Lesson Learned

• Options
    oh no!!!!
  • Options

And here is the frickin' website!  Says nothing about being a bar...not that I can easily see anyway.  

Still mad. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  I'd be pissed too.  There is nothing on the front page of that website that would lead me to believe it was only for 21+.  It says grill/restaurant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageIU_baby:
    I'm sorry.  I'd be pissed too.  There is nothing on the front page of that website that would lead me to believe it was only for 21+.  It says grill/restaurant. 

Exactly.  I just called the place and talked to the manager: "Hi, I'm with the family that you kicked out tonight because we had a baby, and I just wanted to let you know that you should make your website more clear.  Nowhere does it say 'bar only...no kids allowed,' so maybe you should address that issue on the site."

His response?  "Well, it says it right on the front door."

Oh gee thanks!  We have to drive 30 minutes one way to find out.  Great job. I was pissed. 

• Options
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau!  Even if it doesn't go anywhere, it will make you feel better!!!
  • Options

I would be made too!!

I always prefer when people say whether a party or GTG is going to be kid friendly. I don't want to be "that" couple that always seems to bring their kid to everything, but I don't want to be the only one who didn't bring their kid (assuming it's not a date night or something). I also don't want to show up to something that's not kid friendly. Make sense? It's sort of annoying to always call people and ask whether DD is invited or not.

• Options

"great neighborhood restaurant" - From thier website

This would make me think family friendly.  That sucks. 

Hope she was surprised. At least you got to be there for that.  I am suprised the hostess or someone didn't stop you at the door.

• Options
    Ugh!  That had to be very frustrating!  They should have let you know. =(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"