December 2010 Moms
Options

What is on your list?

Looking to make a "Must Have Before Baby Comes" list...what's on yours?  I'm talking obvious to creative, practical to impractical...share!

Re: What is on your list?

• Options

Crib mattress, car seat, diapers, wipes, small freezer meal stash, snacks (for the house)

I think that's it so far.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Options
    Most of the things on my list are not actually baby related.... Dh and I are just really worried about getting Christmas stuff for family, DD and LO. I am scheduled for a C-section on dec 8th and that means that I wont be allowed to drive myself anywhere til the 22nd. That could pose a problem with trying to get Christmas stuff done.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Carpet cleaning. 

Wash baby clothes.

Make ahead meals.

Finish Christmas shopping/making. 

• Options
    We have everything we need for baby already. So my only must have that we have left is a fancy date night with DH. We've talked about going out to the restaurant on Sanibel Island that we went to on our honeymoon. I know we'll still be able to go out once LO's here, but it'll be nice to have a fancy date night without having to worry about a babysitter or bringing her with us.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Tomorrow we are cleaning out my car so I can take it for a front to back cleaning, oil change, tire rotation and alignment on monday.
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Breast Pump, Swing, Bottles, more Diapers, Stock the kitchen with tons of food!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My list at this point mostly contains getting the rest of my house in order.

DH and I ordered a new sofa and will be getting a new TV in the next couple weeks, so I'll have to begin reorganizing/rearranging the livingroom, and shampoo the carpets.

DH started a project back in August, and never finished, so he has to get the upstairs hallway done, which envolves spackling, painting and putting up trim.

I also need to get my car fully detailed and clearned out and ready for baby.

Baby wise we nearly have all componets to bring baby home. I just need to wash everything, get a diaper disposal system of some sort and a cool mist humidifier. Most of the items remaining on my registry are not necessary for when baby arrives home.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options

Lets see...

Cradle sheets (I only have one), more diapers, themometer,humidifier, a couple more changing pad covers

I know I need more clothes for baby but  I am waiting until after my baby shower next weekend to buy them

I also need contact disinfectant for my hospital bag and things like heavy duty pads, tucks, nipple cream, nursing pads etc. for myself.

• Options
    Getting (and keeping) the house clean an organized. DH needs to get busy building the storage system in LO's closet so I can organize that. I also need to finish working on all my lesson plans for maternity leave.
  • Options

More diapers

Breast pads

Baby thermometer 

Maxi pads for me for the hospital...

I think that's it? I think we have pretty much everything else. 

• Options

We have everything we need and more than a few wants.  We knocked off a few more to-dos today, including straightening out the workbench in the basement (yay DH!).

Left on the To-Do List:

Have car seat and extra base installed

Put together hospital bag

Find an infant CPR class

Clean off registries for the last items

DH - finish reading Childbirth book

Prep yard for winter - mow the lawn to 2", aerate, thatch, clean out garden beds, turn mulch pile, cover raised veggie beds....  We're starting on this tomorrow

• Options

imagejlhinkley:
    Most of the things on my list are not actually baby related.... Dh and I are just really worried about getting Christmas stuff for family, DD and LO. I am scheduled for a C-section on dec 8th and that means that I wont be allowed to drive myself anywhere til the 22nd. That could pose a problem with trying to get Christmas stuff done.

I know I cant believe I just started thinking about this! My c section is the 3rd and my husband is a horrible shopper! That means I have to have all my shopping done on black friday wkend! AHH

• Options

Baby related:

Order diaper service

Pack hospital bag

Install car seat

Take Infant CPR class

House related:

Install more electrical outlets in the basement

New dishwasher

Touch up paint the bathroom

Get cleaning service in place

• Options

Finish babies room ( hubs needs to get on the ball)

finish my xmas list, doing most of it online this year.

clean apt..spic and span

Buy another vehicle.

Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

Baby Related

Install carseat

Back bags

Assemble all the stuff (swing, bouncer, bassinet)

Buy another changing pad

Sterilize my pump parts/bottles/binkies

Non Baby Related

Get new living room rug

Steam clean carpets

Clean out and organize my closet and pantry

Wash my quilt on the bed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Baby Related:

Install carseat base in my car

Pack hospital bag

Buy more bottles (only got 3)

Non Baby Related:

buy DH a new car 

• Options

Must Buy:

2 packs newborn diapers

maternity pads 

pads for TENS machine 

new pack of nipples for bottles (just in case we need/chose to cupplment early on) and a few packs of formula

possibly another wrap/sling, but not sure. I'm tempted by a moby (or similar) but nto yet convinced...

buggy snuggles/cosy-toes/similar for DD and possibly for DS

DOUBLE STROLLER

Must Do:

find/wash bottles

set up crib

pack hospital bag

clean carseat cover, mattress cover to pram, etc.

finish arranging nursery (moving DS's bed to fit crib in)

bring down from attic: car seat, car seat base, playmat (and wash), 3-6 months clothes (and start washing).

clean car

finish buying Christmas gifts and wrap the lot

Christmas cards

finish editing my book

(So not a lot then...)

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options

Most everything is done...

I just need to do my deep cleaning of the house. We don't need anything for baby.

I do need to finish up Christmas shopping.

• Options

to do:

all painting done in house

finish Christmas shopping!

nursery furniture set up

install car seat & extra base

wash some baby clothes & blankets

to buy:

crib mattress

BF bottles & freezer bags

breast pads, lanolin, etc

vasoline for circumcision care

baby first aid kit & grooming essentials

I'm sure there's a ton more things I can't think of right now!

• Options
    imageMrsLink:

Baby Related:

Install carseat base in my car

Pack hospital bag

Buy more bottles (only got 3)

Non Baby Related:

buy DH a new car 

Ugh I can relate to the car thing, except it would be MY new car seeing as we share a pickup truck right now! NOT a fun thing to have on your to-do list!!

Other than that I've decided I'm going to have my friend dye my hair with vegetable based dye so that I might look halfway decent in all of my family photos once the little man makes his grand appearance!

• Options

have shower (november 27, eek! so late), get stuff and then buy anything left that we'll need.

get primary car detailed, including new tires and alignment  

touch up paint around the house

finish setting up new guest room (especially since we actually have a guest coming November 8...)

lay new area rug in living room

clean up backyard, put away patio furniture and such for winter

finish nursery (hang wall decor/curtains, assemble crib)

wash baby clothes

pack hospital bag

yeah...we have a lot to do. I usually am really on the ball and get things done way way in advance, but I adopted DH's attitude of "we have sooooooooo much time" and now I am kind of starting to freak out. omg. I need to go do something productive I think... 

• Options

after my shower next week I'll go get the necessities I'll need within the first month or two.  we have almost everything I'll *need* but if I don't get them at my shower I plan on buying :

bottles and some formula, just in case.  I'd like to have it on hand so if breastfeeding doesn't work out or if I need to supplement I don't have to frantically call someone to go get me some.

boppy

swing or bouncer (maybe both if I get gift cards...)

baby lotion/shampoo/wipes/A&D/thermometer (basically tons of smaller health items)

small trash can for diaper disposal

table top changing pad with cover

plenty of swaddle blankets

pacifiers

as for not directly baby related things, I wanna get the whole house completely clean (my goal is to get it clean by next Saturday because my shower is at my house) and keep it clean!  and I need to get my freezer and pantry completely stocked full of quick, easy, not too terrible for me food.

• Options

I'm at a partial standstill because I don't think my shower is going to be until November 21st, but here's my lists.

At Home:

Xmas shopping/wrapping

Xmas decorating

Xmas baking

Finish last 2 courses for my professional designation

Baby:

Pack hospital bag

Wash all baby clothes

Finish nursery

Get breast pads

More newborn diapers

Install carseat