December 2010 Moms
Options

XP: should I wait? need opinions!

Dh and I had our baby shower today. It turned out great and we had a blast, but there are still quite a few items I'd like to get before the baby comes.  i.e. bottle warmer and sterilizer. 

We got about 50 dollars in gift cards and I have two 20% off coupons that expire tomorrow. We wanted to go shopping and pick some things up, but I'm wondering if I should wait for my 10% completetion coupon and then hope that I have a 20% off at that time to conjoin them?

If you registered at BRU what are you doing?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: should I wait? need opinions!

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they'll only let you use one at a time, anyway.. so I'd go for it now!  plus I've heard shady things about both BRU and Target sending the completion coupon way after the due date.. like months later.  this way you have it and you're ready to go.
  • Options

I dont think you can stack the 10 and 20% coupons...Call to check.

And I would definitely not buy a sterilizer or warmer..... Just my second timer .02!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd buy whatever you think you'll need now and hold off on the rest til later to use with the 10%.  That'll give you time to stock up on coupons too...doesn't BRU also accept competitor coupons?  Make sure you are signed up for those too so that you get as many coupons as you can.  Hope your shower was fun!
  • Options

I would go ahead and use the 20% off coupon. I got an email from BRU that showed a lot of things on sale, not sure if they would be anything you need but you might find a good deal and be able to use the gift card and coupon on top of it. I'm impatient though, others might think to wait but you knows when the coupon will come.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagefmgrice:

I would go ahead and use the 20% off coupon. I got an email from BRU that showed a lot of things on sale, not sure if they would be anything you need but you might find a good deal and be able to use the gift card and coupon on top of it. I'm impatient though, others might think to wait but you knows when the coupon will come.

the 20% off coupons for babies r us are only good on regularly priced stuff :(

• Options
    imagefutureCLJ:

I dont think you can stack the 10 and 20% coupons...Call to check.

And I would definitely not buy a sterilizer or warmer..... Just my second timer .02!

I agree but I'm a first timer. I was going to say that too but some people think those things are useful.

• Options
    imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    imagefmgrice:

the 20% off coupons for babies r us are only good on regularly priced stuff :(

Really? I thought I remembered using one before but I could be thinking about something else..

• Options
    imagefutureCLJ:

This.  My second timer opinion as well.

• Options

Thank you very much for your quick responses!

I do know that if its a manufacturer sale you can use the 20% with it, my mom did this for our travel system.

2nd time mommies, if you breast fed / pumped would you reccomend getting a pump before hand? what DO you reccomend getting beforehand? I'm grateful for all your wisdom! please share!

• Options
    imagefuturemrshackney:

2nd time mommies, if you breast fed / pumped would you reccomend getting a pump before hand? what DO you reccomend getting beforehand? I'm grateful for all your wisdom! please share!

If you have the extra money, I would get a pump before hand.  I bought one that I got a great deal on and it had excellent reviews--I hated it.  I ended up getting a manual pump for while I was pumping at work because it was much faster than my electric pump.  I plan on giving the electric pump another try since I plan on pumping again when I go back to work.

If you don't have the extra money, I would get a manual pump to start with until you know if you can BF or not, and than invest in a pump.

In regards to BFing and pumping, I would recommend storage bags, a storage cooler, lanolin ointment (amazing for relief from sore nipples).

• Options
    Definitely go for the pump! 
  • Options
    The hospital will give you some BF'ing supplies. I bought a manual pump to start with. It was $20. And my hospital gives me one.
  • Options

I was leaning towards going ahead and getting the pump!

Now my debate is whether or not to get the medela double electric, or the swing pump.

I'm going back to work but will only be working two days a week, so wondering if I could get by with the swing? I keep throwing extra questions in here! lol  Besides the two days I would also like to build a small stash for sanitys sake after the first month or so, that way dh could do one night time feeding if need be.

Any comments in regards to that?

• Options
    I stacked mine. I changed my event date since I was put on bedrest and had one opportunity to go with my MIL. I emailed cutomer service about the coupon an they said they if I didn't receive my completion coupon in the mail within 2 weeks of my event date that I could request one at the front desk. So I did and they handed me one.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

• Options
    We went today and bought a bunch of things. I had tons of coupons that I was able to use today since we got a coupon book in the mail yesterday. I would use the 20% to get something that is needed now.
  • Options

I'd wait to buy a pump.

1) Most electric ones have a 1 year warranty- so why start the clock if you're not using it.  (or just buy a cheapie manual one)

2) No idea if you're able to BF/produce milk.

3) Talk to your doc/LC; our LC strongly recommend not pumping until at least 4 wks pp so you can develop a good latch/routine (assuming everything else is good).

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagefuturemrshackney:

Thank you very much for your quick responses!

I do know that if its a manufacturer sale you can use the 20% with it, my mom did this for our travel system.

If you responded that what I was planning to purchase was a waste of money, please respond to this part of the question :)

Also my reasoning for wanting a bottle warmer is that we live in a two story house with no water access upstairs, I was thinking this would help eleminate having to make a trip downstairs with a fussy baby. We have a mini fridge upstairs.

• Options

Honestly I would wait on the pump and supplies... You have no clue if you will have your own supply, if baby will latch, etc.

What the hospital will give you should help you thru long enough to see if BF'ing is for you and LO. The only thing you may want to get is a nursing tank or 2.

Like PP said, the warranty will start when you purchase a pump, why have it just sitting there and it is something that can't be returned if opened. 

Now your reasoning for a bottle warmer I can see, however room temp water is just as good. When babies are fed in the hospital the nurses don't warm the formula, it's usually straight outta the bottle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"