December 2010 Moms
Options

bonnyejean

How are you feeling? Getting nervous?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bonnyejean

• Options

Aww, thanks for thinking of me! If you can't tell by the incredible number of posts I have on the board lately i am just trying to pass the time!  To tell you the truth I am not nervous at all, just READY. We had a great consult with the head of the NICU where we were able to ask all the questions we had, and the unit itself is state of the art and beautiful. I feel confident in the staff, and I know she will be well taken care of. He said thre is about a 50/50 chance of things being perfect and her coming home with us, or she may have to stay anywhere from a week to a month. No way to know till she is here.

We also went and took a tour of Labor & Delivery (as this was not the hospital I was expecting to give birth in) and it is just beautiful. We decided if we have another child we will come here instead of our local hospital. It is a brand new wing, and every room is private. The tubs are beautiful and it has like a separate bedroom area for DH to get some rest in. I will have to take some photos before we leave!

I am so tired of the pain, and the waiting, I wish she would come today! But I know that every day she stays in there baking is one less day she may have to stay in the NICU so I just bear the pain and wait.

The pain is slowly getting worse every day, and mostly comes with long periods of not moving. So I am starting to get scared of sleeping, because most days I wake up from my short naps in tears the pain is so bad. But, the nurses have been so good here and have such quick reaction times that they are ready to respond very quickly most of the time. I was so scared about the effects all of these narcotics would have on LO, but every doctor I have spoken with says not to worry, and that the stress of just "dealing" with it would be worse on her than the meds, and that there is no reason I should suffer until Tuesday.

We have the Amnio scheduled for 9:30 am on Tuesday and then the induction set for 6:00 PM that night! Depending on how labor goes she has the potential to be born on y birthday! I just cannot believe it!  My doctor is not sure that i will make it that long though, as my contractions have been much more regular ( I go on the monitor every 6 hours) and I am now 4 CM dilated and the baby has dropped even lower. SO, we will see.

Wow- sorry for the novel ladies- can you tell I am bored? It has been fun reading about everyone's showers, and I am loving seeing all the nursery pics. I am so jealous of all of you, I was really sad not to have a shower BUT, we are planning a meet the baby party in a couple weeks as long as she is healthy and comes home soon. I will be sure to keep you all posted on how things go, and of course will post photos of our little one as soon as possible!

Keep an eye out on Wednesday/Thursday! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

You and your little girl will be in my thoughts and prayers!

As a sufferer of Kidney stones for this pregnancy I'm so scared that we might end up in the same position. You have been so brave and I really admire your positive attitude in this situation. 

Here's hoping your little one comes out as healthy as can be and is able to go home with you guys. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm really glad you feel comfy where you are now. I have said a little prayer for you guys the last couple of nights!

Keep us posted!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"